Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Changing App strings on 1.1.4

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Changing App strings on 1.1.4
    Does anybody know how I could change some app's string names and some words in the app. For example, you all probably know about the download on Installer that changes the Installer app's string to say "AppStore" and the icon to the official AppStore icon. Well I need assistance in changing this one app to make it more customized. Like, when I chose the "help" button in the app, I would want it to say something that I would want it to, instead of what was given. If anybody has any ideas or can guide me to achieveing this goal, please let me know and thanks in advance.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

You will not be able to change any of the strings WITHIN an application.. only the text strings of the icon names and the text strings of the iphone.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Yea I figured that it wou;d be impossible to accomplish. But there's gotta be a way to do it. Just like there's a way to edit .exe files.

So could somebody show how I could change the strings?

Nevermind, figured it out w/o any help
    Last edited by TheYoungHustla; 2008-05-13 at 03:54 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    You will not be able to change any of the strings WITHIN an application.. only the text strings of the icon names and the text strings of the iphone.

Please can this be explained as to how this can be done? I'd like to change the names of some of my application icons but can't seem to find out how to achieve this.

I've only had the iphone a couple of days so please explain in basic terms for a newbie like myself.

Thanks in advance.