Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: problems receiving sms

Default problems receiving sms
    ok...so i had issues with the whole aqwoah keyboard shite and managed to get it all sorted out by replacing the whole folder for uikit keyboard stuff, anyway less of that

after sorting this issue whenever i receive an sms now on my 1.1.4 it doesnt show the preview or beep it just locks or flashes up the key lock so i then have to unlock the phone and go into messages, overall it annoying as i now dont knw when im getting a text

can anyone help??

Livin the iPhone Life Apple iPie's Avatar
    Thanks

Tried uninstalling Aqwoah keyboard? Or restoring?

Oh yeah all that old keyboard shite is gone now...this is like a totally new issue that occured after all that...

Livin the iPhone Life Apple iPie's Avatar
    Thanks

I dont know,but try to restore maybe?

seems to me u've replaced a springboard.plist with the one that the ipod touch has
    Thanks is an acknowledgment

i did a simple restore settings on the iphone itself but no luck

if i restore the iphone with itunes, will that not brick it up? its an unlocked 1.1.4 running t-mobile on payg i didnt unlock it myself so wouldnt know how it was unlocked originally

springboard settings from iTouch? anyway of replacing these with iPhone settings?

ok it seems a lot of things have decided to go wrong now, maps wont load camera reboots the phone...hmmm, damn keyboard, i was only playing about as well

so anyway it seems i need to just start the phone from scratch now, only thing is i wouldnt know where to start, its a 1.1.4 version i do have WinSCP already and works perfect if that helps the situation any better if not then could anyone direct me to a perfect guide on where to start and what to do without bricking my iPhone
    Last edited by nathanhogan316; 2008-05-11 at 08:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

i have a problem with my camera crashing

every time i try to reboot my iphone through itunes put i still can not use my camera does anyone have any idea to fixing the problem
    Last edited by jose675; 2008-05-11 at 09:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

have same problem. almost every time a text message is being received my iphone crashes and returns to unlock screen where i have to re-enter my passcode. happens sometimes too with calls. i have modded both my phone ialer and my sms keyboard and ballon colours,along with some other things in those apps so kinda makes sense.i know probably best option is restoring it but if any other options it would be nice to know.