Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Whip, Flick, Snap ----> To unlock

Default Whip, Flick, Snap ----> To unlock
    So i was at a buddies house and he saw my iphone, he asked how much it was and i told him, then the guy whips out this bootleg iphone that he got in china. So we started comparing phones, and he showed me how he "slides to unlock" his phone, all he does is flick his wrist with the phone in his hand and it unlocks. Can someone find out how i can have this feature?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Buy the Chinese knock off. There's a reason why you have to slide your finger across the screen, for security. Otherwise who knows what's going with your phone while it's in you pocket...

If your screen is off you can't unlock it anyways, freakoftheindustry. I think it would be cool since people wouldn't know how to unlock it. You of course have to turn the screen on first, though.
    iPwn.

Quote Originally Posted by freakoftheindustry View Post
    Buy the Chinese knock off. There's a reason why you have to slide your finger across the screen, for security. Otherwise who knows what's going with your phone while it's in you pocket...
    yea I was thinking that, but I'm sure it can be tweaked not to do it. And also sliding is not a security feature, the lockpad is..

Thanks

The slide to unlock is more for battery protection, so the phone can't "accidentally" be turned on while in your pocket, or wherever it may happen to be.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by freakoftheindustry View Post
    Haha, that's a good one. I really wouldn't do that because the fake ones are pretty "gay".
    Click that "Thanks" button if I helped you!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

the fake one is way gay, and the features are a horrible knock off design. why would u want ur iPhone to copy a gay fake phones features?
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

waitin on my white iphone 4

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I actually put this on my phone. Its a transparent tap bar. It covers the entire slide to unlock area, all i do is just tap anywhere on there and it unlocks it. I dont have to slide my finger across it anymore.

I like it alot more than the slider.

I attached the transparent one and another one so you can have an idea of what i mean.

Dunno why the transparent one looks black, but it is actually clear.

Also is a pic of my lockscreen.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -bottombarknobgray.png   -bottombarknobgray1.png   -lockscreen.jpg  
    Last edited by kcisjojo; 2008-04-25 at 08:18 AM.
    16 GB 1.1.4 Ziphone Unlocked, Activated, Jailbroken
    If I helped you make sure to hit the thanks button

[How To] Customize on 1.1.3 and 1.1.4......Windows Guide...............OS X Guide

How To Fix A Broken Ringer/Silent Switch

9. The Following User Says Thank You to kcisjojo For This Useful Post:

iBlade (2008-05-02)

why the hell does it have to be "gay" jesus! that is such a guy thing that and "no-homo" wtf is that? I'm sure there are guys and girls on these forums that are gay and comments like that make you seem ignorant and idiotic. I mean wtf why couldn't it be straight"? or idk anything else besides gay? I'm sure you guys are all articulate enough to come up with a better word than "gay"

cause gays are useless..and so is the knock off..

dumb broad.

@jgrewal87
    Wo... Gays are not useless... In fact there have been many successful gays in history.
    And I'm not a "dumb broad" in fact, I just got a full scholarship to MIT... So yeah, don't assume.

Quote Originally Posted by kcisjojo View Post
    I actually put this on my phone. Its a transparent tap bar. It covers the entire slide to unlock area, all i do is just tap anywhere on there and it unlocks it. I dont have to slide my finger across it anymore.

I like it alot more than the slider.

I attached the transparent one and another one so you can have an idea of what i mean.

Dunno why the transparent one looks black, but it is actually clear.

Also is a pic of my lockscreen.
    Are you sure you did nothing else to make it to tab to unlock? I know the two tab trick, but just one tab is new to me. As I am lazy, always tab to get to the next springboard never slide, would like to do that too. Thanks
    Don't be shy if I helped you use the Thanks button, I do it.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

i dont think its such a great idea to have, what happens if you shake//rattle or what ever to unlock but it slips out ya hand,

smash is the answer...

no thankyou.

The one tap idea sounds good though, care to do a guide..

Make you own visit this link.

http://www.modmyi.com/siggen/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by Ximpostrxx View Post
    why the hell does it have to be "gay" jesus! that is such a guy thing that and "no-homo" wtf is that? I'm sure there are guys and girls on these forums that are gay and comments like that make you seem ignorant and idiotic. I mean wtf why couldn't it be straight"? or idk anything else besides gay? I'm sure you guys are all articulate enough to come up with a better word than "gay"
    Actually the word "gay" is just evolving into a new meaning, there is nothing wrong with that. This is actually how language is developed. Does anyone remember when the word "gay" use to mean happy or joyful? Since the 1980's "gay" has evolved into meaning "homo-sexual". And i never really remember Homosexuals holding a huge rally and started calling themselves "gay". In then ten years the Slang word "gay" will eventually become a real word in the english language.

This thread just turned GAY!

iPhone? More like MyPhone D3VIL™'s Avatar
    Thanks

yah, and a fag is just a cigarette. There's a WWI song about it.
    Last edited by D3VIL™; 2008-05-01 at 08:53 AM.

If you found anything I said/did useful, please click on the Button

Thanks

Comments/arguments concerning sexuality can be moved to the Chit Chat forum. Let's keep this thread to the topic at hand.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    Comments/arguments concerning sexuality can be moved to the Chit Chat forum. Let's keep this thread to the topic at hand.
    amen to that...couldn't have said it any better, thanks.

i would also like to know how to do the tap to unlock thing. i have read several threads and tried different things but it does not work for me so far.

never mind...i just found some sliders on my phone that does it automatically!
    Last edited by papasmurfrock; 2008-05-07 at 04:36 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost