Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [HACK] Custom Ringtones on v1.1.1

ok i set permissons using squid i believe..by check marking all the boxes.
    but i still see the ringtone but it doesnt play

ok i think i changed permissons to 755 using squid but
    i still see the ringtone under sounds but it wont play..

ok i think i changed permissons to 755 using squid but
    i still see the ringtone under sounds but it wont play..
    Last edited by unplug; 2007-12-11 at 05:19 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by unplug View Post

Ok scrap my post above this, I decided to what the hell and just upload that pre patched MeCCa File.

Unplug try this, I think you said you were using Iphone browser?
    Here's what I did,

under
    System/Library/Frameworks/MeCCA.framework
    I saved the MeCCA file to my desktop as MeCCA back up.
    then put the downloaded pre-patched MeCCA file there.

Restart the phone, turning the power off then back on.
    Once the phone is loaded up take your .m4r file and just name it "something .m4r" make sure there's a space before the "."

After that just went in settings and the ringtone finaly worked... bah 3 days later i get a ringtone i actually like.

Your saying yours dosn't work thought and your doing the above steps like it did? Can you play your selected ring tone in say itunes or windows media player? is it a .m4r file? The ring tone I picked is pretty short so i dunno how long yours is or if it has anything to do with it not working.... I'm also really new to this iphone cracking so doing what i can here lol

note I didnt set any permissions or anything on that new file so I donno wtf the guild and the readme text in the zip are talking about.... someone is playing with the wrong spoon.

ohh and your ringtones go in
    Library/Ringtones
    Last edited by HGI; 2007-12-11 at 05:24 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

the backup did u save it something other than mecca???

also im just naming a .mp3 file to .m4r
    or do i need to convert it???
    Last edited by unplug; 2007-12-11 at 06:00 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

yea you cant just rename a mp3 to a .m4r that I'm aware of.

My backup I made no I just changed the name but kept it a MeCCA file.

As for converting your mp3 to a m4r i have no clue, honestly my head hurts from working 12 hours shift with no breaks so all this stuff on the forums hurts my heard after work. I know you do use iTunes to convert, I remember reading it somewhere on these forums... give the search button a spin see what you come up with.

yea i just renamed it and it worked i had to create a mecca back
    not just a mecca file

Works great! Thank!

siigh....i'm pretty frustrated over here and am hoping one of you guys can help me. I've transferred Mecca into where it belongs... I have an mp3 converted in itunes, it's now an aac, (mp4) I'm LOSSSSSSSSSSST after that!!! lol. The iphone reads .m4r's. I put the space then took it out cuz i got the same results....nothing! What i tried to do was, using ibrickr, during the upload, i renamed it, "name" .m4r, it crashes my ibrickr BUT shows the title on my iphone. Helllllp!! hehehe...

forget the help....I figured it out. LOL,,,,i'm new to this....I did'nt realize that using "squid" I could locate my ringtone and rename it right on the phone itself!! It's all good and Thanks to you guys for at least Jumpstarting my interest in this!!
    Last edited by Slyce2k; 2007-12-14 at 02:19 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

i finally found where u guys are talkin about up to the MeCCA location. got to framworks and no MeCCA???

Default no MeCCa.framework!
    ok I found the folder /System/Library/Frameworks/ using WinSCP, but there is NO MeCCA.framework, so what i did is created the folder then uploaded the mecca file. The ringtone gets uploaded, I changed it to rintone .m4r and its seen in the sounds!! but I don't hear the actual ring tone! I've tried converting it with itunes AND ibrikr, from MP3 to ACC. I'm still stuck and scratching my head....Can anyone help?

THANKS!!! - DiSk0

this method works like a charm. it took a bit of work for me though because itunes was being funky but after finding dbpoweramp, it was flippin sweet.

Can you change the permission to 0755 with total commander ?!!
    thanks

Worked Like A Charm...Sweet Action

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Anyone tried this on V1.1.3 yet?

Works perfect cheers!
    iPhone 8Gb Firmware Version 1.1.1

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234