Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Better m4a Ringtones - Firmware 1.1.1

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.P View Post
    how do you set the permissions? is this step neccessary? i tried it without permissions because i dont know how to do it and it didnt work.
    Hi there, same questions here.
    I'm a total rookie here. Just modified my iPhone to work with the Finder through that AFP tool.
    But (!) how do I change permissions with the finder ? I saw the MECCA file but didn t dare to swap it. According to this gentleman, it doesn t work without permissions to 755.

Next questions: ringtones uploaded that way won t show in the ringtone folder in iTunes, right ?!

thanks

Default Help
    Hey im havin the same prob as someone else on here. i did everythin that it says to.. the file name shows up in the sounds list on the phone.. but when i click on it , it doesnt play. what do i DO???
    iPhone Nice

I didn't realize that there was problems with custom ringtones and 1.1.1... so I unknowingly posted a thread asking why my ringtones were silent... hehe..

All that plist editing and this and that... way too tedious.

Needless to say, this is a freakin AWESOME hack! MUCH thanks to the guys who did this one... VERY COOL!

Same problem i can see name of song but it doesnt play !

is it just me or does doing this raise the volume of everything else. like notifications and such. Mine just sounds alot louder now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin888 View Post
    Ok, here s a little trick:
    iTunes 7.5
    iPhone 1.1.2

leave a space between the name and .m4r That works like a charm
    Follow instructions with convert to AAC with iTunes, copy to folder, rename to m4r, remove from iTunes incl Trash, doubleclick on file in folder and (!) copy the file to
    Lib/Ringtones

Remains there, up and running, even after a sync

I went to download the Mecca Ringtone Mod file from installer and it says: "Error Package download failed"

is this no longer available from installer?

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin888 View Post
    If you've performed the steps correctly and it doesn't work, try rebooting the phone. I've noticed some ringtones work after a quick reboot.

Green Apple
    Thanks

does any 1 know how to sort their custom ringtones so that they dont sound distorted when ringing ie tunes with bass in them sound all distorted when they are on the iphone

Worked great for me, don't know why I haven't seen this before!

Ok so I figured this was an easy solution so I tried, but I'm a genious and mucked it up. Either my home router or something restarted when I was connected to my 1.1.2 jailbroken phone via idemocracy2.02. I was swaping out the mecca file for the new patched one that s linked here. But unfortunately when using the rename feature to make a backup of the file, idemocracy froze (or my modem restarted). Everything was stuck so I restarted my computer and phone, but the phone got stuck @ the apple logo FOREVER. I could still access my phone via idemocracy (and the windows photo wizard popped up as well), but it never fully booted to the home screen. I connected to the phone via idemocracy (using the file management feature) and tried to rename the mecca file back to its original state...I managed to rename it, the phone hiccuped...restarted...but then still stayed frozen at the apple logo.

So I figured, darn, time to restore...so I did, to 1.1.1. Heres where it gets wierd. I jailbroke my 1.1.1 phone, using the *#307# method, then used the i.unlock.no bb downgrader (since my modem was 4.13 and my fimware was 1.1.1). I dont think I should have done that because now I cant do anything with the phone, when I try to restore it to any of the firmwares, I get either the "- An unknown error occurred (1)" or the 1015 error message. I really have a brick of a phone now...any help would be greatly appreciated. Im on windows, but have a macbook pro. Id rather do the iphone modding on the win if possible, but whatever will save me. Please help, thanks so much in advance. Im pretty embarrassed.

I just want to get back to where I was, which was perfect. a jailbroken 1.1.2 phone with a legit at&t sim.

Ok so I figured this was an easy solution so I tried, but I'm a genious and mucked it up. Either my home router or something restarted when I was connected to my 1.1.2 jailbroken phone via idemocracy2.02. I was swaping out the mecca file for the new patched one that s linked here. But unfortunately when using the rename feature to make a backup of the file, idemocracy froze (or my modem restarted). Everything was stuck so I restarted my computer and phone, but the phone got stuck @ the apple logo FOREVER. I could still access my phone via idemocracy (and the windows photo wizard popped up as well), but it never fully booted to the home screen. I connected to the phone via idemocracy (using the file management feature) and tried to rename the mecca file back to its original state...I managed to rename it, the phone hiccuped...restarted...but then still stayed frozen at the apple logo.

So I figured, darn, time to restore...so I did, to 1.1.1. Heres where it gets wierd. I jailbroke my 1.1.1 phone, using the *#307# method, then used the i.unlock.no bb downgrader (since my modem was 4.13 and my fimware was 1.1.1). I dont think I should have done that because now I cant do anything with the phone, when I try to restore it to any of the firmwares, I get either the "- An unknown error occurred (1)" or the 1015 error message. I really have a brick of a phone now...any help would be greatly appreciated. Im on windows, but have a macbook pro. Id rather do the iphone modding on the win if possible, but whatever will save me. Please help, thanks so much in advance. Im pretty embarrassed.

I just want to get back to where I was, which was perfect. a jailbroken 1.1.2 phone with a legit at&t sim.
    Last edited by HanHookie; 2007-12-09 at 05:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

this one works!!!!! Great!!!!! i have iPhone 1.1.1 and iTunes 7.4.1....I have tried all other methods for custom ringtones without much success. THIS ONE WORKS!!!!

HanHookie: no need to be embarrassed. It happens to the best of us.

All's not lost. This guide might help you. The 1015 error is discussed in it, too, iBrickr being the simple solution.
    Last edited by truenorth; 2007-12-09 at 11:44 PM.
    Sydney, Australia
    If you received help, click on the Thanks button!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Smile works ...and better ...but
    Great! ...this is the one that worked for me!

Although, i have a problem ...i can't get more than 2 ringtones ...can i get in more? ...or maybe my problem is of not having enough free space ...if this is it, do someone knows how to look how much free space i've got?

Hi

I think i accidentally find a way to get ringtones, and credit to the same mecca team.

Although i must explain, i did mecca my two phone however, i can only confirm on one of it that the ringtones actually works. Ie selecting the ringtones and have someone call you because the other fone is .... UN-unlockable - 1.1.2 OTB

I have two iPhone, 1.1.1 OTB upgraded to 1.1.2 and one mentioned above. This 1.1.1 i messed around with it, and i DID, i repeat i DID mecca the phone, but i also restored/upgrade/restore/virginize it a few times at least 10 i reckon.

So i am unsure whether this mecca is still in framwork system or it is wiped out.

Please try without mecca and let us know

1. Convert your song to AAC format using iTunes (7.5 works fine for me)

2. Change the extension of your m4a file from "name.m4a" to "name .m4r"
    NOTE: THE SPACE BEFORE THE DOT IS IMPORTANT,

3. Add your m4r ringtone to the Ringtones library in iTunes. If you can't see this, do the following
    - 3.1 Go to iTunes - Preferences - General and tick Show RINGTONES

4. Sync your ringtones to your iPhones

5. Go to Settings->Sounds and select your ringtone.

Please try it on a phone that has not been [meccad], and i DO NOT take credit for this, its the iPhone teams.

I hope this works for everyone and ... PS: please show me how i can take screen shot on a Mac?

Cheers

Grr. Im irritated. I cannot figure this out of the life of me. Ive followed every instruction to the T. Ive downloaded the Mecca prepatched file, I copied it over using Tranmit. Took an MP3 and shrunk it down to 29 seconds. Dropped it it iTunes and coverted it to an acc. Pulled it back out on the desktop and renamed it "Song .m4r". Then droped it back in itunes and that didnt work. So i dropped it in the /Libary/Ringtones folder on my iPhone and it shows up but I dont get any sound. Restarted the phone and still nothing..

can anyone help me? Id appreciate it alot!

sstrawsb:

You said you followed the instructions to a tee. But your steps are quite different from the ones on page 1. You don't mention setting permissions. You rebooted in a different step. Also, what did you rename? The m4a file should be renamed to m4r. Then what did you copy over after the rename? It should be the m4r file. And what do you mean you "shrunk" the mp3 to 29 seconds? Is the resulting file still a regular mp3?

I have done the instructions on page 1 many times and each time the procedure works.
    Last edited by truenorth; 2008-01-06 at 09:28 PM.
    Sydney, Australia
    If you received help, click on the Thanks button!

Hi there,

Can anyone PLEASE upload the MeCCA.zip patch again.
    Rapidshare site doesn't seem to exist anymore!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Southie's Avatar
    Thanks

Dude, this is great. I've been trying since forever to make the damned ringtones work and now they do. Thanks!

Hope it's ok to upload the patched version of MeCCa. Cooldeep, there you go: http://rapidshare.com/files/87527718/MeCCA.zip.html

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Dude, your such a lifesaver!!! Good lookin' out bro...!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12