Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Contact pictures

Default Contact pictures
    is there any file or app that will allow your contact pictures to show up next to there name when you push contacts? you know what im saying? instead of just haveing there names it show the pic also....

Thanks
    Thanked 1,086 Times in 224 Posts

unfortunately no not at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by ace_spaid View Post
    is there any file or app that will allow your contact pictures to show up next to there name when you push contacts? you know what im saying? instead of just haveing there names it show the pic also....
    what do you mean by "Push Contacts"

Quote Originally Posted by big "dd" View Post
    what do you mean by "Push Contacts"
    I think what he means is when you are on the home screen and you click "Phone" then at the bottom you can choose favorites, recents, contacts, keypad, and voicemail. When you click contacts he wants to see a small picture of each person next to the name of each.

I like the idea but no I do not believe there is anything that can do that right now.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Would be also sweet implemented into the SMS app as well. A good example would be an app I used on my WM device. http://www.mykesoft.com/textr/
    - iPhone 8gig and 16gig 3G - 3.0 - JailBroken + Unlocked to T-Mobile Unlimited Plan & Total Internet Plan.
    - iPod Touch - UnJailBroken
    - XBOX 360 - Modded Firmware - XBL (my s/n)
    - XBOX - Software Modded - XBMC
    - Dell Inspiron 1521 - [B]Vista Ultimate and
    running Windows XP and Mac OS X 10.5.4 (YES! Mac OS on an Dell PC)

I'm going to bump this, because its a page right out of my mind.

Is there anything now it's '09? Ive had a look around Cydia and here to no avail.

I'll bump this too. This would be one of my favorite apps.
    If I helped you, then hit the "Thanks!" button please.

Quote Originally Posted by Soodeh View Post
    I can't find Cydia on app store

try contact flow. its like appflow but for contact pictures

Thanks
    bump! ekidd, that is nowhere near what he's really wanting, i think he's just wanting a subtle change to the contact book and i've been looking for this as well i'm going to dig a little deeper and see what i can find.

Quote Originally Posted by rprice07 View Post
    bump! ekidd, that is nowhere near what he's really wanting, i think he's just wanting a subtle change to the contact book and i've been looking for this as well i'm going to dig a little deeper and see what i can find.
    Okay so he wants to have a picture next to the contact name when he scrolls through his contacts or something? If so, I think my suggestion is better than what he actually wants. Why not just DL contactflow off cydia and try it out. Its a coverflow of your contacts pictures with the contact name right under the picture. When you tap on the picture, you have an option of calling them, texting them, or sending an email. You could also just download "rename" from installer and rename contactflow to "cotacts" if you want. Or, just simply change the contactflow.png to the stock or modded .png of whatever "contacts" icon your using.

Thanks
    i gave in today and bought an app at the appstore called FacePhone, it will sync your contacts with your facebook contacts pictures/birthdays and info (aside from email and phone numbers since that goes against the privacy policies of facebook)

anyway the main feature i like is the FACEPHONE it has here's a screen shot...

I'm going to look into making this the default phone app if it's possible, or if i can adapt parts of it, we shall see.

hope this inspires someone or someone can shine a light on this.

^^ You know a lot of people named Nicole. Anyway, that would be awesome if someone could adapt this into the Phone app that comes with the iPhone.
    If I helped you, then hit the "Thanks!" button please.

Quote Originally Posted by Soodeh View Post
    I can't find Cydia on app store