Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: So we can get ringtones in 1.1.1, but what about modifying the SMS alert?

Hi there,

Done all that.. Still not working.

Thank you

Tippy

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by theone77 View Post
    FOR WINDOWS USERS:

1.we need a caf file for the tone...
    USE ibrickr ---->this will convert ur mp3/wav musicfile to .caf and store a copy in your ibricker folder on your computer.

2. in ibrickr---->click sounds/sms alert (received) then add mp3/wav file u want to convert to caf

3. then go to ur ibrickr folder(in ur windows explorer) and u will see ur converted .caf file

Open your ibricker folder and rename the file to one of the following:
    sms-received1.caf
    sms-received2.caf
    sms-received3.caf
    sms-received4.caf
    sms-received4.caf
    sms-received6.caf

4.then log on to winscp and place the file into:
    System/Library/Audio/UISounds (you can make a back up of the original sms-received file if you like)

Replace the original file in the folder with ur new and ur favorite smstone u converted to caf file.

ENJOY UR NEW & FAVORITE SMS TONES
    great guide mate worked a treat.

thanks

Hi all,

I just deleted the Sounds.plist and forgot to back it up.. any chance anyone can send me it.

Thank you

Tippy

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Sounds.stings
    Here you go this is from 1.1.2
    Attached Files Attached Files

5. The Following User Says Thank You to DJClueless For This Useful Post:

Tippy (2008-01-02)

Hi there,

Thank you for the file but it is not the one i wanted its the Sounds.plist its in /Applications/Preference.app/Sounds.plist

Thank you

Tippy

Hey, here is mine. I called it Sounds.strings_backup, so just be sure to remove the _backup.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hoy....where can I get the iphonebrowser 1.4 file to download? I really need to change my alert sounds to something louder cause I don't hear so well! Thanx....:->

Quote Originally Posted by bobbygene747 View Post
    Hoy....where can I get the iphonebrowser 1.4 file to download? I really need to change my alert sounds to something louder cause I don't hear so well! Thanx....:->

Doubt you would ge a response with that attitude

Default iPhone 3gs fw 3.0
    Hello and greetings to all!

I have an iPhone 3gs jailbraked by redsnow 0.8 and unlocked by ultrasnow 0.8. So fare so good. Now i am trying to customize my sms sounds.
    I readed many posts here and did alot of things, but i can't get more than 6 sms received sounds on my iphone. i saw also the songs.string file, but there i can't find any <integer>...</...> only the <alternate_number></...>. I also converted the file with, Binary &mdash; XML .plist converter - iAppCat

But seems not necesary, cause i have also: PlistEdit Pro, and i am on a mac.

So my principal question is, how to ad more sms sounds into my iphone, greetz

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12