Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cydia crash when installing certain Apps

Default Cydia crash when installing certain Apps
    Hi,

I've been stuck with a strange problem with this particular iPhone 3g on 4.2.1. It is jailbroken with redsn0w and unlocked with ultrasn0w.

Cydia works fine for all apps and everything except some apps. I tried to install Move2Unlock, Anicon and Pushfix but the iphone crashes while installing. Does anyone know what's my problem?

Thanks!

Yeah, happens to me sometimes. I usually just restart the device and everything is back to normal and the programs are installed. You should be ok if you simply reboot.

Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
    Yeah, happens to me sometimes. I usually just restart the device and everything is back to normal and the programs are installed. You should be ok if you simply reboot.
    I've tried rebooting, reinstalling cydia, deleting sources... Nothing of that worked

2011-09-26 21:17:49.561 MobileCydia[133:613] Setting Language: fr_CA
    2011-09-26 21:17:49.715 MobileCydia[133:613] dlopen(/Library/MobileSubstrate/DynamicLibraries/WinterBoard.dylib, 9): Library not loaded: /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/ImageIO.framework/ImageIO
    Referenced from: /Library/MobileSubstrate/DynamicLibraries/WinterBoard.dylib
    Reason: image not found

Just found this in the cydia.log inside tmp folder. Hope this help to get a response. Thanks!
    Last edited by egx; 2011-09-27 at 03:19 AM.

It's possible that these packages just don't work on iPhone 3G. Are you installing them from their official repository (BigBoss/ModMyi)? If so, you may also want to email their developers for help.

Quote Originally Posted by brittag View Post
    It's possible that these packages just don't work on iPhone 3G. Are you installing them from their official repository (BigBoss/ModMyi)? If so, you may also want to email their developers for help.
    I found out some packages were from xsellize which is not working actually.

Though, you might be right on the other packages from the default cydia repositories

THanks, i'll keep an eye on this.

Quote Originally Posted by egx View Post
    I found out some packages were from xsellize which is not working actually.

Though, you might be right on the other packages from the default cydia repositories
    Yeah, avoid packages from pirate sources. Not only are they not supporting the developer, they often have old buggy versions, fail to update descriptions, and/or incorrectly configure the packages -- so a package from an official source will warn you that it won't work on an iPhone 3G, but a package from a pirate source will just install anyway and cause problems.

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

They are also against forum rules so problems with them is not something we can help with here.