Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iFile not importing?

Exclamation iFile not importing?
    I just purchased iFile in hopes of being able to import songs into my iPod app.
    Any mp3 file I go to in the Attributes editor does not give me the option to import.
    Isn't it supposed to give me an option? I have it legally activated and I have both gremlin apps installed in cydia. What's wrong?

Found someone with the same problem:

Me to iFile's developper :
    Hi, I have Yourtube 2 installed (which installs automatically gremlin) but yet I can't seem to be able to load mp3 files directly in iPod either through the AudioPlayer or the properties editor. Can you help?

iFile response to Me:
    You will need the new version of Gremlin which will be released in the next days. Von meinem iPhone 4 gesendet
    I believe the new Gremlin version will be $1.99.

I'm stupid here what does gremlin do?

Is this what you wanted:

I beleive you also need to purchase yourtube HD or Celeste as it unlocks the gremlin....

1- make sure on the "sources" tab,in cydia,**tap settings top right and then tap developer
    2 - search for gremlin2 from bigBoss repo & install
    3. Now "import to iPod" Shows up @ bottom of popup window when tapping on blue arrow.

it converts it to m4a and saves it in same folder as orignal and then creates a link somewhere within the iPod directory.**But it still won't transfer during a sync.**The link is deleted during the sync so in order for it to show up again....repeat process of tapping on blue arrow and adding to iPod.**But you could also mail mp3 to yourself within ifile for later savig to iTunes directory.
    Last edited by !Kernel Panic!; 2011-08-31 at 07:22 AM.