Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: "Supporting" cydia devs via paid apps, but nothing in return?

iPhone? More like MyPhone zYxMa's Avatar
    Thanks

Thumbs down "Supporting" cydia devs via paid apps, but nothing in return?
    Everybody is moaning about cracked apps, pirates etc, but when we actually buy them to supposedly support devs, I don't get nothing in return.
    I have few minor issues with some apps and when emailing the author about the problem, you can only dream about the reply with support. It's really really annoying.

Some of the apps are just a rip off, yet we still pay for them. I'm not happy about that. In fact, I'm quite pissed off being totally ignored.

So, Cydia devs, if you read it, because you charge for your ideas, please at least reply to emails and if you don't have time, tough, it's not my problem, start employing support staff etc.. because at the moment you are taking a piss. Seriously.
    I'm not going to name those who don't reply, though fortunately there are devs that do reply, but not very often, but at least they do...

Just my 3 cents...

M.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Instead of making a general complaint why don't you tell the community exactly which apps you are having issues with... who isn't giving good support and which ones you think are a "rip off".

iPhone? More like MyPhone zYxMa's Avatar
    Thanks

The issues I'm having can only be fixed by the authors so there is no point telling the community, or at least according to my point of view, but... I sent quite few emails to devs about Cydia itself, and when sending email from within cydia, I can't seem to be able to change the keyboard language, when typing the message - that's for starters... I have to save the email in drafts, go to my mail app, then drafts, and only then I can change my keyboard and as you can see it's probably a minor issue.

It doesn't matter what I think is a rip off, it's my opinion only, but what I'm saying here is that I'm not happy about the total lack of support, and not just regarding Cydia installer, but apps that available via cydia. Very unprofessional.