Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cydia closes immediately.

Default Cydia closes immediately.
    I just used snowbreeze to create an IPSW to preserved my 05.13.04 baseband on my iPhone 3G.
    Everything seemed to work fine but once I try to open up Cydia to unlock my phone it shows for less than a second then closes. I've rebooted the phone a few times already and I'm having no luck and the solutions I'm seeing require SSH...which I didn't install when creating my firmware. )

I'm guessing the easiest way to fix this would be to try restoring again but I'm unsure how to proceed.

Should I just put my phone in DFU mode and Shift+Restore in iTunes to the custom 4.1 IPSW I created earlier or will I have to make a new 4.1 IPSW with snowbreeze?

Hopefully someone can help me out.

Thanks

Use a 4.1 custom firmware created by PwnageTool (you'll have to find one from a trustworthy source). Then use redsn0w 0.9.6b2 to put your iPhone into a custom DFU mode, then shift + restore in iTunes to the PwnageTool 4.1 firmware.

Maybe the bug was the result of sn0wbreeze so it's good to try a different program.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to dotFIVE For This Useful Post:

phantomgrave (2010-11-15)

Hmm, so that's the only way? I'm not too sure where I'd find a custom firmware from a "trustworthy source". haha

Also, when I go searching for one do they specify the iOS version, baseband, etc? I'd really like to keep the 05.13.04 bb since I need the unlock.

EDIT: Is it possible for me to just go back to 4.0 using redsn0w? My SHSH is backed up for 4.0.

EDIT 2: I just went ahead and restored back to 4.0 then did the jailbreak with redsn0w. I'll mess with the phone again when 4.2 is released.
    Last edited by phantomgrave; 2010-11-15 at 03:08 AM.