Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cydia always wants to install a paid theme now

Default Cydia always wants to install a paid theme now
    I tried downloading the EliteProHD theme and then found out its a paid theme. It showed a forbidden error and I clicked cancel. The thing is, even when I try to install something else altogether, it still wants to install EliteProHD. I cant even update my programs now. I also tried cancelling queue but it didnt work. Any help guys?

Here's a picture : ImageShack: Host and Share your Photos and Videos - img0339.png

Thanks.

Thanks

restart your phone and see if that helps, if not it sounds like an ssh task you have to do

3. The Following User Says Thank You to z3r01 For This Useful Post:

sacred (2010-11-03)

Quote Originally Posted by z3r01 View Post
    restart your phone and see if that helps, if not it sounds like an ssh task you have to do
    Thank you but it didnt work. I'm all in to SSH it over... I just dont know the commands

You still have it loaded in your query (I'm sure that's the wrong term). However if you if you go to another themes install screen, and instead of installing hit the back button - you should get a pop up that says either keep and continue or clear query (something to that effect) choose to clear and continue.

There should also be a way in the last tab in cydia just can't remember where that one is.

Quote Originally Posted by phatcamaro View Post
    You still have it loaded in your query (I'm sure that's the wrong term). However if you if you go to another themes install screen, and instead of installing hit the back button - you should get a pop up that says either keep and continue or clear query (something to that effect) choose to clear and continue.

There should also be a way in the last tab in cydia just can't remember where that one is.
    Yea, I already tried clearing the queue and but it has no effect. It still happens when I try to install anything new. Or even upgrade.

I tried deleteing the modmy source via SSH, refreshing cydia and adding back the source via SSH again. All that did was to remove all my modmy themes like wideget and lockscreen but the problem was resolved. It still in the queue. Any help please?
    Last edited by sacred; 2010-11-04 at 05:23 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Any help guys?

Remove the source from cydia. Then restart cydia (so it can refresh) and it should be gone from the query. No need for SSH. Once u have confirmed that it is gone, u can add the source again

My iPhone is a Part of Me area51crypto's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sacred View Post
    I tried downloading the EliteProHD theme and then found out its a paid theme. It showed a forbidden error and I clicked cancel. The thing is, even when I try to install something else altogether, it still wants to install EliteProHD. I cant even update my programs now. I also tried cancelling queue but it didnt work. Any help guys?

Here's a picture : ImageShack: Host and Share your Photos and Videos - img0339.png

Thanks.
    First you can update all of your other programs but you must update by selecting one at a time.

Personally I update one program at a time because sometimes an update can cause problems and can crash springboard. If you update one at a time and there is a problem you can uninstall the program and get the springboard back working and hope the dev fixes the problem.

When a dev updates an app he might not have some of the apps you have and they might have a conflict with each other. Been there done that.

In Cydia there is a program called Iwipecatch try downloading it and run it.