Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Upgrading a file in cydia rearranged all my icons!

Default Upgrading a file in cydia rearranged all my icons!
    Cydia just gave me the option of upgrading 2 files....sbsettings and another file named icon....can't remember the name...i upgraded both and after i resprung, all my apps icons were all over the place! the weird thing is that i cant see that app called icon in cydia...ive tried search for it but to no avail...what can i do???

Iconoclasm?
    That would mess with your springboard

nope it wasnt named that...i think it was a big boss file maybe...this sucks i dont know what to do!

Quote Originally Posted by thecrevis View Post
    nope it wasnt named that...i think it was a big boss file maybe...this sucks i dont know what to do!
    I know what u r talking about. I had it too but with no issues. Can you remove sbSettings and reinstall it?

Me too
    It was caused by upgrading to IconSupport 1.7.1
    Can't find the way to get the icons back to their places.

Quote Originally Posted by parovka View Post
    Me too
    It was caused by upgrading to IconSupport 1.7.1
    Can't find the way to get the icons back to their places.
    Yep iconsupport that's the one man! but i cant see it anywhere on cydia and it cant be uninstalled or anything...where would it be???

Uninstalling didn't help, already tried.
    You can find it in Cydia under Manage=>Packages. Change from Single to Expert (on the right top) then you can find it.

ugh that app developer should be made accountable...what a disaster..it totally screwed up everything

Yep, messed up all my icons now. Restoring to a recent backup, hoping that all icons would go back to place...