Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cydia is not working...please help

Default Cydia is not working...please help
    Hello! I just downloaded and successfully unlocked/jailbroke with 3.1.2 custom ispw from the Sinful Iphone forums, which included Cydia (my 3G crashed and all the 4.x ispws failed to work, so I decided to just stick with the one that actually unlocked) Anyways, I want to get into Cydia and redownloaded Winterboard, but.....

It fails to cache a laundry list of things, then sticks on "Reloading data" forever. I've gone in through iphonebrowser and deleted the ZODTTD files in /private/etc/apt/sources.list.d and all the files under /var/lib/apt/lists except for the partial folder. However, on the next time I try to load Cydia, it fails to cache/load again, all the previously deleted files are back, and I can't even find where to re-download Winterboard. Help? I don't seem to have blackra1n to reinstall Cydia....

The error message I get is:
    "GPG error: http://repo.smxy.org xena Release: The following signatures were invalid: NODATA 1 NO DATA 2

Failed to fetch http://ispaziorepository.com/./Release.gpg Host Unreachable

Failed to fetch http://ispaziorepository.com/./en.bz2 Cached Failure

Failed to fetch http://repo.smxy.org/cydia/apt/dists...m/Packages.bz2 Sub-process bizip2 returned an error code (2)

Failed to fetch http://ispaziorepository.com/./Packages Cached Failure

Some index files failed to download, they have been ignored, or old ones used instead."

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Bad firmware. If you want 3.1.2, download a stock 3.1.2 ipsw (check downloads section here on MMi).

Shift+restore to the stock 3.1.2 ipsw.

Download Redsn0w 0.9.3.

Run Redsn0w and select the same stock 3.1.2 ipsw you restored to.

Follow the on-screen instruction.

You should then be jailbroken on 3.1.2. Use Ultrasn0w from Cydia to unlock.

Don't use custom firmwares you didn't make yourself. Sometimes they just don't work right. If you're set on always using custom firmware, you can create your own with Sn0wbreeze on Windows and PwnageTool on Mac.
    Last edited by i.Annie; 2010-10-28 at 07:39 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Will it be okay to use redsn0w and preserve the unlock (or reunlock) my phone? I'm running it on t-mobile, currently on modem firmware 5.11.07. I keep seeing stuff "OMG DONT UPDATE YOUR BASEBAND!!" all over and just want to make sure...

Thanks in advance, I'm really new to all this stuff

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Redsn0w doesn't preserve the baseband. But restoring to stock 3.1.2 won't hurt your phone. It will keep the baseband you're on now. Redsn0w just jailbreaks it and allows you to unlock.

You just don't wanna update to stock 4.1 or you'll lose unlockability.

Just follow my steps and you'll be fine.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to i.Annie For This Useful Post:

eirefire22 (2010-10-28)

Okay I followed your instructions and am still getting that huge error message [I can't even get past that, then the endless reloading data, to do ultrasn0w] What should I do next?

Quote Originally Posted by eirefire22 View Post
    Okay I followed your instructions and am still getting that huge error message [I can't even get past that, then the endless reloading data, to do ultrasn0w] What should I do next?
    EDITED AGAIN and yet Again lol

To Fix Reloading Data do the following immediately upon opening cydia

Well it sounds like its working correctly but if you want to speed it up try this:

Open Sections at the bottom
    Click edit in the top right
    Go turn off all themes,
    Click Done in top right

This should cut your loading time from 2-5 minutes to 1-2 Minute, I cut it down by 75% more like 20-30 seconds even on Edge 4.1 3GS

Be aware turning a section off makes it no longer visible in cydia at all, you can turn it back on and it works fine again though

You can ignore those error messages I get them all day long whenever I refresh changes, it's simply them updating there source or something else

You guys are awesome. Only having problems with the ispaziorepository caching now....

Installed ultrasn0w....and for about 10 minutes (tried resetting network settings and rebooting) it just shows "Searching" or "No Signal." For a couple seconds it did show "T-Mobile" but no bars. Should I re-install ultrasn0w?

Quote Originally Posted by eirefire22 View Post
    You guys are awesome. Only having problems with the ispaziorepository caching now....

Installed ultrasn0w....and for about 10 minutes (tried resetting network settings and rebooting) it just shows "Searching" or "No Signal." For a couple seconds it did show "T-Mobile" but no bars. Should I re-install ultrasn0w?
    EDIT

Since you tried resetting networking settings you screwed up your unlock from ever working at least to my knowledge, NEVER EVER CLICK ANY OF THE RESETS IF YOUR EVEN JAILBROKEN

The only way to acquire signal again is to RESTORE

You could try getting on WIFI then uninstalling Ultrasn0w then reboot then resetting network settings then reboot then install Ultrasn0w reboot, in reboot process insert new aim card

To fix loading problems read my last post^^

Thanks so much! Redid everything and decided to try blackra1n + blacksn0w, and it worked! Sure wish I posted here 12 hours ago when my phone first crashed....ha!
    EDIT: Nevermind, figured it out!
    Last edited by eirefire22; 2010-10-28 at 11:41 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost