Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: cant find an app on cydia

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Exclamation cant find an app on cydia
    hello everyone!!!

i have an iPhone 3gS iOS 4.1 ...

its jailboken and everything... im looking for an app on cydia and i cant find it...

the app that im looking for its "firmware changer or FWChanger" i cant find it anywhere in my cydia app... and i dont know why...

please help!!

if there's any way that i can download it from my computer an then copy it to my phone trough usb with the "iphone browser" let me know please

I strongly
    believe the app you are talking about has been discussed here last week by some angry members. Something to the effect of it not doing what it should.

I have seen that app and I know it's still there as of yesterday. Search again, you will find it. Productivity, Tweaks or Utilities i believe it was under.

Also search this site for threads pertaining to it.

EDIT--the thread I was talking about is in Native 3rd party apps section. It's called Firmware Changer

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

I'm confused. I thought the purpose of that app was to trick your phone into thinking you had a HIGHER FW so you can install apps that require the most recent firmware. If your phone is already on 4.1 then what's the point of having the app?

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    I'm confused. I thought the purpose of that app was to trick your phone into thinking you had a HIGHER FW so you can install apps that require the most recent firmware. If your phone is already on 4.1 then what's the point of having the app?
    I don't think I would trust something like that at all. Just my opinion.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ok i want the app so i can downloads other apps that Can ONLY be used with 3.x 2.x iOS!!!

And im searching everywere and i cant find it!! I have searched in every single section of cydia!! I also hit the "search" button and write down the name of the app an nothing happens!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

It doesn't work that way. With each update the system files change. Somethings get dropped and some things get added and somethings get changes slightly. Some of those items that only work on lower firmwares depend on items form that version.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Cero i know how the app works! Thnx!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

The app you are talking about just goes in and changes a plist file to make apps think they are on whatever firmware. It doesn't change the dependencies.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

Some apps that check the FW version and quit if they find an unsupported one- may work.

Some or many, won't.

Apps that don't warn you that your firmware is unsupported, but simply crash won't be affected by this at all. They won't work, exactly the same as they didn't work before.

My gut says: Firmware Changer would still be next to useless most of the time, assuming it did what it claimed to (disputed) or isn't bugged all to hell (possibly).