Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Problem with top bar

Default Problem with top bar
    I just got a new iphone, when I've had a jailbroken iphone previously. I'd actually like to no longer have my iphone jailbroken, but when I do the restore (for contacts and music), my top bar is altered. In the middle where it normally has the time are the words, "test b***h" (obviously, without the asterisks). I'd much rather read the time than test b***h. I re-jailbroke the phone because I was hoping that I could reinstall an app then officially uninstall it to remove the code that produced the words outright. Sbsettings replaces the words with the time and date, which would be okay if I wanted to keep the phone jailbroken. I uninstalled sbsettings, and "test b***h" reappeared. I'm just wondering what it will take to get it off. I don't want to have to resort to losing all of my contacts after actually losing my old iphone before. Please help.

Also, something that's changed without redownloading cydia apps is the wireless carrier text "AT&T" has been changed to my name (i did that, don't remember app name). Also, a percentage of battery life next to the battery symbol on the right.
    Last edited by quiversound; 2010-10-24 at 08:02 AM. Reason: edit the asterisks for clarification

try makeitmine and leave it blank and hit banner at the top of makeitmine

Oh goodness. I did download makeitmine, and so far, it appears that your advice actually worked. I'm going to try to back it up and see if it's gone without the jailbreak. Right now, thank you so so so much. I was pretty desperate and upset about it.

Quote Originally Posted by quiversound View Post
    Oh goodness. I did download makeitmine, and so far, it appears that your advice actually worked. I'm going to try to back it up and see if it's gone without the jailbreak. Right now, thank you so so so much. I was pretty desperate and upset about it.
    this community is here to help and im glad i could you have a good one bro