Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: No "Package Officially Purchased" / link between device & account not working correctly

Default No "Package Officially Purchased" / link between device & account not working correctly
    We have 3 iDevices here, the newest one is my son's iPod touch 4G.

Just wanted to install InfiniFolders (from chpwn) which I already purchased for my iPhone 4. The installation on my wife's 3GS also went fine.

But on the touch the Cydia "Package Officially Purchased" message is missing.
    When I clicked the purchase button and entered my google mail account address and password a screen appeared that told me to link the device to my account, I confirmed to this which seemed to work ok.
    But I am still missing the info that I have already purchased the app. This applies to all apps I bought.
    Is this a temporary issue due to Cydia overload, restructuring or sth. like this?

EDIT: Seems to be a very exotic issue again...
    Anyway, I contacted Jay Freeman, waiting for response.

EDIT II: Is it legal to install paid apps from crack repos like xsellize since I am having this error?
    Last edited by eyePH0NE; 2010-10-13 at 11:05 AM. Reason: Additional info
    iPhone 4 32GB (iOS 4.2.1 JB) | iPhone 3GS 32GB (iOS 4.01 JB) | iPod touch 4G 8GB (iOS 4.2.1)

Today my iPhone 4 has been replaced because of a display error.
    With the new one I am having the same problem. :-(

EDIT: It works again now.
    There is an "Associate Rock Account" item on the PKGBackup installation page in Cydia.
    (I registered for Rock about one year ago but never used it.)
    Clicked on it, entered Rock email address and password and got a "Link device to Cydia" button again, clicked this and all of a sudden the "Package Officially Purchased" hint appears again...

Looks like I never will know why I needed the Rock account linkage for this, but I'm glad that it works again.
    Last edited by eyePH0NE; 2010-10-23 at 12:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    iPhone 4 32GB (iOS 4.2.1 JB) | iPhone 3GS 32GB (iOS 4.01 JB) | iPod touch 4G 8GB (iOS 4.2.1)