Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Silent Charge stolen

Default Delete please
    Pulled
    Last edited by hrutkaymods; 2010-09-24 at 11:46 PM.

Sry for the bashing

Pulled
    Last edited by hrutkaymods; 2010-09-24 at 11:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I'm sry I retracted my last post I don't know why I was bashing u

please tell me what your thought was when u created this? Was the charging sound annoying? Or just a fun theme mod?

Ps if it's free then honestly why do u care if other repos have it? In this idea they like what you had and added it take it as a compliment man

Quote Originally Posted by hrutkaymods View Post
    If people are gonna be negative, just DELETE THE POST! I can't stand negativity and it was not my repo! I just wanted to tell modmyi that someone was missusing it and not giving me credit!

Just DELETE THE POST
    If your going to be a software developer your going to have to learn to not let pirates and flamers bother you. It dose not matter what your app dose, what platform, or how much it costs lots of people will hate it and lots will steel it that's just how the world is now.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Hey it happens. There's just not a thing you can do. At least they thought it was good enough to steal. I put up a guide here and some weirdo copied and pasted it onto his own website and didn't credit me for it. I was pissed at first too but in the end, at least I know they thought it was worth stealing. It's just something devs and writers have to deal with. You can't stop plagiarism or piracy

Yea, I understand, i just freaked, because I didn't want modmyi to take it down due to agreement policies. The agreement basically says not to put it on any other repositories, and I didn't want it removed from modmyi. I just want this whole post to basically go away.

Quote Originally Posted by hrutkaymods View Post
    Yea, I understand, i just freaked, because I didn't want modmyi to take it down due to agreement policies. The agreement basically says not to put it on any other repositories, and I didn't want it removed from modmyi. I just want this whole post to basically go away.
    O okay now I understand I'm sry for the bashing earlier today
    Totally my bad, I'm normally not like that idk what happened

Default Silent Charge gone?
    Did Silent Charge get taken down? After upgrading to 4.1 and using Limera1n, I can no longer find it in the Modmyi.com repo or anywhere else?

I thought it was a great tweak (I was always plugging in my phone to charge after my wife had fallen asleep and startling her with the noise). Hope it returns.

Modmyi repo has it
    Source: apt.modmyi.com

You can make it yourself
    Just need winterboard and ssh

Var/stash/themes.xxxx/
    Create a folder, inside create another folder named UISounds
    beep-beef.caf is the file name
    Simply get a blank caf file and enable the theme

Please thank me on site if I've helped

11. The Following User Says Thank You to BenderRodriguez For This Useful Post:

rogerinnyc (2010-10-14)

Quote Originally Posted by rogerinnyc View Post
    Did Silent Charge get taken down? After upgrading to 4.1 and using Limera1n, I can no longer find it in the Modmyi.com repo or anywhere else?

I thought it was a great tweak (I was always plugging in my phone to charge after my wife had fallen asleep and startling her with the noise). Hope it returns.
    It was taken down and replaced. It is now called Silent Charge Classic.

Shanejoe: Doh (he says, slapping his forehead)! Thanks for the tip -- Once you said it, it seemed obvious. I didn't follow exactly, but it reminded me that all I had to do was rename the file to something like beep-beep2.caf (I don't use that sound for anything else). Skip Winterboard entirely or having to create a blank .caf file.

Strange. I have the ModMyi repo installed in Cydia, but I don't see Silent Charge Classic there (or when I search Cydia more generally). Doesn't show up even if I change my Cydia settings to Developer from User. Are you sure it's up -- or can you think of anything obvious I might be missing here? Running 4.1, jailbroken by limera1n...Thanks.

Edit: Oops. Never mind. I didn't realize it was categorized as a theme (instead of a tweak), and I had themes turned off in my Cydia sections...
    Last edited by rogerinnyc; 2010-10-14 at 08:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost