Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Modmyi Repo not working ?

Default Modmyi Repo not working ?
    i tried adding and adding the repo but i keep getting cydia http/ 1.1 502 bad gateway error someone help me pls , i need to install rock.app to get some apps .
    i also tried to restore the phone and rejailbreak to get modmyi on cydia and it does not work .

Thanks
    Thanked 17,646 Times in 8,026 Posts

I think the repo might be having some issues. Should be back to normal soon. As far as rock goes, all of it's packages are integrated into cydia now.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

jncvariety (2010-09-12)

Quote Originally Posted by x98car View Post
    I think the repo might be having some issues. Should be back to normal soon. As far as rock goes, all of it's packages are integrated into cydia now.
    I hope thats the case . I just restored my iphone and wanted to retrieve the backup apps from rock but i can't do it without modmyi to install rock app .

You do know Rock was taken over by cydia right?
    http://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-news...-rock-app.html
    yea i know . But i didn't know that rock packages are being transferred over to cydia right now .

Thanks
    Thanked 17,646 Times in 8,026 Posts

Yup, I installed mywi from cydia yesterday. I don't even know if you can install Rock anymore or not.

Yup, I installed mywi from cydia yesterday. I don't even know if you can install Rock anymore or not.
    I think yes but not for long , i tried rock this morning and its working fine but later on i accidentally mess up some of my phone's files and had to do a restore and lost all my apps . Hopefully Cydia would complete the backup asap , so that i could recover my apps .

Quote Originally Posted by iSeezAll View Post
    I think yes but not for long , i tried rock this morning and its working fine but later on i accidentally mess up some of my phone's files and had to do a restore and lost all my apps . Hopefully Cydia would complete the backup asap , so that i could recover my apps .
    You can get pretty much any app that was available in Rock in Cydia by now. The move over is 99% done, if not completely. Rock just remains to give users a chance to catch up.

is MODYMYI.COM still down? i get a POSIX: connection refused error http://apt.modmyi.com

what do i do now? is there anyway around getting my apps updated?

Quote Originally Posted by bapski View Post
    is MODYMYI.COM still down? i get a POSIX: connection refused error http://apt.modmyi.com

what do i do now? is there anyway around getting my apps updated?
    It's still down. I'd just wait TBH, it won't be long. It's one of the biggest repos...won't stay down for long.

Mine has been down for almost 24 hours now. I get the same POSIX errors and nothing is installing. I just purchased this phone and am trying to unlock it with ultrasn0w but I keep getting those errors and the phone won't unlock. I assume this issue is preventing it but can't be sure until it's back online. It's also down on my partners phone so I assume it is everyone?

Quote Originally Posted by jncvariety View Post
    Mine has been down for almost 24 hours now. I get the same POSIX errors and nothing is installing. I just purchased this phone and am trying to unlock it with ultrasn0w but I keep getting those errors and the phone won't unlock. I assume this issue is preventing it but can't be sure until it's back online. It's also down on my partners phone so I assume it is everyone?
    Mine was down that long, too. Just opened Cydia and everything is good. You?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to ddoolin For This Useful Post:

jncvariety (2010-09-12)

yes, it suddenly appears to be back on there. trying to reinstall ultrasn0w. now.

Quote Originally Posted by jncvariety View Post
    yes, it suddenly appears to be back on there. trying to reinstall ultrasn0w. now.
    Hope it works out for you!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to ddoolin For This Useful Post:

jncvariety (2010-09-12)

oh god , still doesn't work for me , tried restoring the phone again and again and jailbreak again and again , still can't get modmyi source to appear on cydia and also tried reinstalling cydia repo but still doesn't work .

For all that have purchased apps via rock. When in cydia there is now a transfer rock sign in info to cydia button.

Sorry no transfer button at the main page. You have to click on mywi 4.0 to find the rock user transfer button.
    Last edited by Sooprtrukr; 2010-09-12 at 07:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

cydia is just taking tooo long to load right now. its still on downloading packages for ten minutes now..

it was working fine yesterday

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zphone View Post
    cydia is just taking tooo long to load right now. its still on downloading packages for ten minutes now..

it was working fine yesterday
    im having the same issue.

No issues here at 3pm on the east coast.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sooprtrukr View Post
    No issues here at 3pm on the east coast.
    Works fine for me now!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast