Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iWeather Widget configuration

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

anyone figure out what's wrong with this for 4.2.1? It keeps giving me the Black screen.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hfinmyblood View Post
    anyone figure out what's wrong with this for 4.2.1? It keeps giving me the Black screen.
    Since going to 4.2.1 i've had to edit various Lock screens/widgets etc etc and this method works on them and this does too.

With iFile I put the various wallpapers i use in with the iWeather theme file.

Open the 'Wallpaper.html' file in iWeather and straight away look for 'image:url'.it will say "/private/var/mobile/Library/Springboard/HomeBackground.jpg"

Change the above to "/var/stash/Themes######/iWeather/then put the full name of your wallpaper here including the .jpg/.png".

Close iFile and respring.

Bit of a chore if you change wallpapers daily though.

You can also do all this via WinSCP.

Actually all you need to do (if on 4.2.1) is add "Thumbnail" (without the quotes) to the end and it will use whatever wallpaper you choose in settings/wallpaper. So you would edit the 'Wallpaper.html' file in iWeather and just add whats bold below. After you coose a new wallpaper you need to respring.

"/private/var/mobile/Library/Springboard/HomeBackgroundThumbnail.jpg"

Quote Originally Posted by Mr G View Post
    Since going to 4.2.1 i've had to edit various Lock screens/widgets etc etc and this method works on them and this does too.

With iFile I put the various wallpapers i use in with the iWeather theme file.

Open the 'Wallpaper.html' file in iWeather and straight away look for 'image:url'.it will say "/private/var/mobile/Library/Springboard/HomeBackground.jpg"

Change the above to "/var/stash/Themes######/iWeather/then put the full name of your wallpaper here including the .jpg/.png".

Close iFile and respring.

Bit of a chore if you change wallpapers daily though.

You can also do all this via WinSCP.

Thanks

Yeah but I heard the quality of the wallpaper decreases that way.

Interesting, I didnt notice that.. Im using a bland background usually, probably why I didnt notice.

I'm living in Melbourne, Australia now
    Can you please help to find my zip code or weather code because i don't know how to get it !

Thanks
    Thanked 8,931 Times in 2,290 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sakdahem View Post
    I'm living in Melbourne, Australia now
    Can you please help to find my zip code or weather code because i don't know how to get it !
    Try this:

'OCN|AU|VIC|MELBOURNE'
    Twitter Link: @Waverley73........My Mods: -Click Here- ......

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Waverley73 For This Useful Post:

sakdahem (2011-04-10)

I have one question.
    Can i use your widget with other weather widget at the same time ?

Hey guys so i found a fix for the wallpaper issue.

1) Install this plugin MacThemes Forum / [MS Tweak] Wallpaper JPEGifier (beta) (iOS 4.2.1+) and it will create a file called Converted-HomeBackground.jpg ( This plugin is needed because since 4.2.1 iOS doesn created HomeBackground.jpg anymore so this plugin does it for you)

2) In Wallpaper.html replace background-image:url("/private/var/mobile/Library/SpringBoard/HomeBackground.jpg");

with

background-image:url("/var/mobile/Library/SpringBoard/Converted-HomeBackground.jpg");

How's the quality of the Wallpaper? Does it decrease?

I'm still having problems using the wallpaper of my choice AND I'm unable to apply/use a dock. I'm on Verizon iPhone 4.2.6
    Last edited by cigsace; 2011-05-06 at 04:47 PM.

Can you add sunset into this widget, please???
    This is the best weather widget out there!!!

Has anyone got this working on iPhone 4 with 4.3.3? I got the usual black background but now no weather at all? Antone know a fix?

Hey, when I try to edit Wallpaper.html it's blank. No coding in it. I've opened it through both textedit and notepad.. any suggestions?

Thanks

What happened to this widget, I'm only seeing the loading picture all the time?

Same here. on Two different phones.

My iWeather Widget (v1.4) also started acting up a few days ago. Nothing changed on my end. Reinstalled from Cydia, copied the configureMe.js and Wallpaper.js from backup but still reads "Loading..." and space is blank (see attachment).

Wallpaper.js source line: var source = 'appleAccuweatherStolen'

Did this change?

I tried var source = 'yahooWeather' which works but forecast feature is not offered for this source.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_1672.png  

Mine too, on 2 phones also, may not be what caused it but it happened after I did an update in Cydia, dont remember which one though.

Right, Heckler - it was Iconoclasm's latest update for me which appears to have been made available on 11/9/2011.

I remembered after the fact but forgot about it until you just mentioned it.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast