Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Blank icons on iPhone home screen

Default Blank icons on iPhone home screen
    I have an iPhone 4 running 4.01. I have five blank (white) icons on my home screen named: iPodOut, WbbSheet, TrustMe, DemoApp, AdSheet. They open to a black or white screen, then close. They can be moved to a different page, but can't be deleted. I don't know how they got there, but I'm guessing that they are Jailbreak and/or Cydia related. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Have you resprung? I had this happen once. After respringing, they were gone.

Happens to me every time I download an app from the App Store. I guess it's just a bug in SBSettings.

Happened to me as well, had to uninstall SBSettings and reinstall and that did the trick

Thanks, respringing worked. What was that about?

Almost every time I install a Cydia app all my icons go blank. I don't really mind since i usually have to respring anyway, but it would be interesting if it's SBSettings fault. It's only been since jailbreakme, not any jailbreak.

Strange happenings. Respringing got rid of them. Let's see what happens with my next Cydia app installation.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GaryPSU View Post
    I have an iPhone 4 running 4.01. I have five blank (white) icons on my home screen named: iPodOut, WbbSheet, TrustMe, DemoApp, AdSheet. They open to a black or white screen, then close. They can be moved to a different page, but can't be deleted. I don't know how they got there, but I'm guessing that they are Jailbreak and/or Cydia related. Any help would be appreciated.
    Im having the same problem. I think its the SBSettings tool that closes all the background apps.

Mine are back too after adding an app from cydia.

SBSettings is still kind of buggy. I thought we'd see an update by now. I'm not complaining though. It's one of the most downloaded cydia apps and it's free.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I know what the problem is. It's not sb settings. It has to do with **********. If you have an app that you haven't had the metadata removed and the app store sees that there is an update to it then it causes issues when you go and install anything. Wether it be from the app store or instalous or Cydia.

I usually have to do a hard reset, and that pretty much fixes it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ruben View Post
    I usually have to do a hard reset, and that pretty much fixes it.
    That works for me too.

Hi I have got White icons on my iPhone 3GS 4.0.1 and they don't go I tried to respring reboot and deleted them and reinstalled but after I reinstall the Icons remain White sometimes the go away on it's own and sometimes they are back from the dead please please please help !!!!!!!!!!