Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I have a question for Saurik that I want him to answer !!!

Default I have a question for Saurik that I want him to answer !!!
    Jay ..

For some reason now, and this has been totally dumbfounded as to why YOUR application Cydia is doing this.

I installed the latest "Five-Column SpringBoard" on an iPhone 3GS running iOS 4.0.1 (jailbroken of cause) .. fo some insane reason, whenever I try installing ANYTHING from Cydia, it uninstalls the Five-Column SpringBoard .. no matter what application I install.

I can reinstall Five-Column SpringBoard through Rock without any problems .. and it stays until again, I install something from your application Cydia.

Why is this happening ????

Thanks

Is it compatible with 4.01 firmware?

YOU should maybe find that our before demanding answers, kid.
    To live, you have to lie

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Doesnt he have an email address?Why would you ask him this here?

Quote Originally Posted by redcard View Post
    Is it compatible with 4.01 firmware?

YOU should maybe find that our before demanding answers, kid.
    Five-Column SpringBoard v1.1.1 (08/07/10) - this is listed in the compatible listing for iOS 4.x.x

If it wasn't compatible .. I wouldn't have posted the question .. and before you go calling anyone "kid", I think you'll find I'm MUCH older than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Anniex423 View Post
    Doesnt he have an email address?Why would you ask him this here?
    Waste of time .. yes, he does have email .. yes, MANY people have sent him emails requesting answers to MOST of the problems on here .. does he respond to any of them ??? From the emails that I have sent to Jay .. I have NEVER received a response !!!

I mean, ModMyI has a seperate section up here for issues with his application Cydia .. yet the more profounding question would be, does Jay Saurik even have an ID on here to respond ???

2 questions there that no one can answer but Jay himself.
    Last edited by LordGeek; 2010-08-19 at 10:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Well, i really dont think posting here will get an answer from him. And also, I think if you werent so aggressive and asked why Cydia was messing your stuff up then somebody more knowledgable could give you a solution.

I use it on a 3gs 4.0.1 without any issue. I think you probably have some app that is dorked up.
    Last edited by Nefarious; 2010-08-20 at 04:10 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

[QUOTE=Nefarious;5409166]I use it on a 3gs 4.0.1 without any issue. I think you probably have some app that is dorked up.QUOTE]

The app works for him, but when he tries to install something else on Cydia the Five-Column SpringBoard uninstalls itself.

Anniex423 .. I wasn't trying to sound aggressive in the posting, I appologize if I was.

Nefarious .. I can also post a screenshot up here to showing that it works perfectly .. that is not the problem I am having. As stated in the original post, no matter what I install from Cydia (or even update what I already have) .. Cydia will completely uninstall Five-Column SpringBoard.

So the question is .. why is this happening ?

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Well no I didnt mean aggressive in a harsh way. I just meant Id love to help you just seem so angry.

Aside from that... Its hard to diagnose. Have you installed anything else in Cydia that could confict with it? I actually had a similar problem except the opposite, i couldnt install anything cuz of one file that didnt download properly. What Cydia apps have you downloaded recently?

Way to sound aggressive kid

Quote Originally Posted by LordGeek View Post
    Anniex423 .. I wasn't trying to sound aggressive in the posting, I appologize if I was.

Nefarious .. I can also post a screenshot up here to showing that it works perfectly .. that is not the problem I am having. As stated in the original post, no matter what I install from Cydia (or even update what I already have) .. Cydia will completely uninstall Five-Column SpringBoard.

So the question is .. why is this happening ?
    I don't have that issue, nor have seen anyone else with it, so it's not a common error. Might be worth restoring the phone and starting over.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Please list all your mobile substrate apps installed. If I had to speculate there is a conflict.