Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cydia not displaying packages in search

Default Cydia not displaying packages in search
    So I've been downloading new cydia apps that I've found on youtube and have all the proper sources but when I type a word into the cydia search like "SSH". Nothing shows up. Not even OpenSSH. I had to download it from the front page of Cydia that shows people how to SSH. And if I want a particular package, I have to go find it through the sources I put in, I can't just search for it through the search function. Anyone experience this or know how to fix it? Much thanks to anyone that can help.

PS. I have tried a hard reset of the iPhone by holding the power button and home button.

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

type ssh and then hit the search button. when you first type something in the search field cydia only narrows it down by the beginning of the packages, ie. typing in SSH would make cydia display only the packages that start with ssh. Once you hit the search button it will search the repos for all packages that have ssh anywhere in the title/description.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to mortopher For This Useful Post:

spongbobrules (2010-08-17)

Not gonna lie. I feel like the biggest idiot ever. Lol. Thank you for the tip. It's not like I haven't installed all the stuff I wanted before so I don't know why I was acting stupid lol. Thanks tho.

My iPhone is a Part of Me area51crypto's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by spongbobrules View Post
    Not gonna lie. I feel like the biggest idiot ever. Lol. Thank you for the tip. It's not like I haven't installed all the stuff I wanted before so I don't know why I was acting stupid lol. Thanks tho.
    The simplest things are the easiest to forget.

Don't feel stupid for we all do this.