Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Firmware 4.0.2 App

Default Firmware 4.0.2 App
    Anyone use this? I found it on Cydia and installed it as it is suppsoed to trick itunes on what version iOS. So I tested it with my 4.01 jailbreak and set it to 4.02, rebooted and checked for an update and it itunes found no new OS. Jailbreak is still good.

I guess my only issue now is I cant find the APP to put on my 2nd iphone..errrr

I heard they pulled it because a few people were having problems and errors with it.

Quote Originally Posted by bigmontel View Post
    I heard they pulled it because a few people were having problems and errors with it.
    really.. works great for me. Well hopefully they put it back out thanks

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Yeah I need it back. Without noticing, when i was installing an app from cydia, cydia uninstalled it and also uninstalled the PDF patch and any other app that wasn't listed as 4.0.2 ready. Now I can't get them back since I can't get the firmware app to change back to 4.0.1. Thanks Cydia killswitch...

i was hoping he would fix the issues and put it back on, I was going to try to use it when I get my iphone 4 in the mail next week, because Im unsure if activating a new phone in itunes will force a download of 4.02.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

FYI I manually edited the
    plist to fix my problem above.

if you google it you can find download and how to SSH it to phone. I was able to do it via SSH for my other phone

Quote Originally Posted by z6joker9 View Post
    Yeah I need it back. Without noticing, when i was installing an app from cydia, cydia uninstalled it and also uninstalled the PDF patch and any other app that wasn't listed as 4.0.2 ready. Now I can't get them back since I can't get the firmware app to change back to 4.0.1. Thanks Cydia killswitch...
    Same here! What the hell is that all about? Why are key repos hosting themes that kill a security patch? Any idea how to switch the phone back to 4.0.1 now that the app is gone?

Quote Originally Posted by z6joker9 View Post
    FYI I manually edited the
    plist to fix my problem above.
    Not sure what you mean. Any added info how to fix this stupid problem would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
    Last edited by ToonRN; 2010-08-16 at 03:37 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

So happy I didn't install this app. Almost did too

I have the same problem, and I'm not very sure how to do all the ssh stuff to fix it

I have the same problem, and I'm not very sure how to do all the ssh stuff to fix it

Ok I had the same prob and didn't know anything about SSH. I googled and found a web page very helpful as I followed and was apple to put the firmware app back on threw Cydia. How to Use SSH to Transfer File on iPhone | The iPhone and iPad Blog by Simon
    this is the address it's straight forward and easily to follow.