Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: No Data transfer w/o WiFi Connected - Jailbreaked 3G OS 4.0.1

Default No Data transfer w/o WiFi Connected - Jailbreaked 3G OS 4.0.1
    I subscribe with an ATT reseller who does not have #'s ported for iPhone, however, they do provide the data plan for it. So, I bought the iPhone via Apple and days later legally moved my # and acct. over and used my old # and old ATT sim with no problem. I even successfully used the 3.0 patch (ATT_US.ipcc) last year to update it.

I upgraded from 3.0 to 4.0.1 via iTunes last night. I did not realize until late today while driving that my update disabled my ability to transfer data as I was getting an error msg "data subscription was not activated" when trying to txt.

As I have WiFi at all my offices and at home, I did not realize that It was my WiFi allowing data transfer and not the 3G.
    I am able to make calls with no problem and even use the phone apps when WiFi is connected.

I attempted a jailbreak (repo666.ultrasn0w.com) of my iPhone 3G earlier tonight to cure the issue created by upgrading, but NO Luck! After countless reboots and YouTube vid instructions ex. ( [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v0N37sCZU0]YouTube - NEW Unlock iPhone 4, 3GS & 3G With Ultrasn0w[/ame] )

Any Ideas? Thanks, J.

Hi mine did the same, bad jailbreak, a restore and re-jailbreak sorted it for me