Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How big of a problem do I have?

Default How big of a problem do I have?
    Ok.. so this is my first ever iPhone and my first jailbreak as well. Everything is working ok as far as the jailbreak and the small amount of stuff being able to "actually" work on the iPhone4. Anyways, I saw another user post on another iPhone forum regarding the Notice you get after you install/run Cydia. Its the one with the Apple ID# or whatever that asks you too choose either "Yes, Make my Life Easier" or "No" ...I wasn't quite too sure what to do so I choose No. Now the user on the other forum is stating that he cannot fully delete Cydia off his phone. Whenever he restores it through iTunes, he goes to jbm dot com and does the entire jb'ing process over. He said he cannot get back to the screen that lets him choose "Yes, Make my Life Easier" ..how big of a problem is this for me? ..or is this not a problem at all?

Again, this is my first ever iPhone/jailbreak so please bare with a nub.. thanks in advance!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Once the shsh files are stored for tour phone, they're stored forever so you don't need the make my life easier screen anymore.

Ahhh, I see.. but I choose "NO" instead of "Yes, Make My Life Easier" option. Are the shsh files still stored?

My iPhone is a Part of Me area51crypto's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by d0ink View Post
    Ahhh, I see.. but I choose "NO" instead of "Yes, Make My Life Easier" option. Are the shsh files still stored?
    Go here:

The Firmware Umbrella

The "make my life easier" button stores your SHSHs with saurik. If you want to have him store them, your gonna have to email him. Our you can save them yourself by using Firmware Umbrella
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No