Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: cydia app?

Question cydia app?
    what is point buying cydia app if they r not updated with firmware update
    i bought 2app in march and now both r not running and developer gone ? is there a chance of any update to ibluenova and your tube and ifike etc before ios4.1?

Thanks

It's not an instant thing. You have to give the dev's a little time to make them compatible with the new firmware.

My iPhone is a Part of Me area51crypto's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simtech View Post
    It's not an instant thing. You have to give the dev's a little time to make them compatible with the new firmware.
    Not trying to start anything but they had just about as much time as the App Store Dev's did!

Thanks

You can't test a JB app on an iPhone4 until you can JB an iPhone4. Jailbreak just came out.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simtech View Post
    You can't test a JB app on an iPhone4 until you can JB an iPhone4. Jailbreak just came out.
    Jailbreak for GM was released a good while back!

Quote Originally Posted by area51crypto View Post
    Jailbreak for GM was released a good while back!
    But GM wasn't final, The people designing app store apps pretty much knew that apple would let them run the apps. Cydia app designers didn't. They might have to totally redesign their whole app to get it working again. They would have to redesign all over again after that if apple changed something in the release.
    Lol u just started something... oops.
    Last edited by ddonuts4; 2010-08-06 at 04:35 AM.
    If i helped, don't be afraid to hit the thanks button. It won't bite!!!!

How may I hack you?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

There are plenty of apps in the appstore that are not updated either and crash.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ddonuts4 View Post
    But GM wasn't final, The people designing app store apps pretty much knew that apple would let them run the apps. Cydia app designers didn't. They might have to totally redesign their whole app to get it working again. They would have to redesign all over again after that if apple changed something in the release.
    I guess I miss something here!

Ok Apple lets the App Store Dev's download and test say GM 4 beta 3!

So the Jailbreak Dev's can download and test GM 4 beta 3 also!

Both get their apps working on this firmware!

So how do the Jailbreak Dev's not have the same opportunity to get their apps to work?

So Apple releases GM Beta 4 and release it to the App Store Dev's so they can get their apps to work on it!

So the Jailbreak Dev's get this same release to get their apps to work on it!

So how does the Jailbreak Dev's not have the same opportunity as the App Store dev's?

And yes I guess I started something but I just want to understand why with the same opportunity it has taken SOME jailbreak dev's so long to make their apps compliant with Ios 4!

So how does the Jailbreak Dev's not have the same opportunity as the App Store dev's?

In other words, some apps rely on certain things being a certain way. If apple changed the location of a critical file at the last minute, it would cause huge problems. I believe there is also a restriction on the iphone called code signing. I don't know exactly how this works, but i'm pretty sure apple could change something at the last minute - accidentally, or on purpose, rendering a cydia app useless.

How may I hack you?

Thanks

In other words, some apps rely on certain things being a certain way. If apple changed the location of a critical file at the last minute, it would cause huge problems. I believe there is also a restriction on the iphone called code signing. I don't know exactly how this works, but i'm pretty sure apple could change something at the last minute - accidentally, or on purpose, rendering a cydia app useless.
    Ok this will be my last quote on this!

I don't know for sure but I would almost bet that most if not all the Dev's that write jailbreak apps also are a App Store Dev member!

By that I think some dev program both App Store Apps and Jailbreak Apps, maybe not but I would almost bet that almost all have App Store Dev accounts!

So again I just don't see how the App Store Devs have so great of head start!

I know of one Jailbreak Dev that worked super hard on his app all the way through all the GM betas because I had bought his app and I know is he probality had 30 upgrades, and when Ios4 became final he was already there!

Just my opinion!

Any peace!

Ok this will be my last quote on this!

I don't know for sure but I would almost bet that most if not all the Dev's that write jailbreak apps also are a App Store Dev member!

By that I think some dev program both App Store Apps and Jailbreak Apps, maybe not but I would almost bet that almost all have App Store Dev accounts!

So again I just don't see how the App Store Devs have so great of head start!

I know of one Jailbreak Dev that worked super hard on his app all the way through all the GM betas because I had bought his app and I know is he probality had 30 upgrades, and when Ios4 became final he was already there!

Just my opinion!

Any peace!
    Ok. I see your point. I guess i really don't know whats going through these guys' minds.

How may I hack you?