Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cydia SHSH blobs are wrong !!!! What gives ?

Default Cydia SHSH blobs are wrong !!!! What gives ?
    Question I have is:

How can Cydia show SHSH blobs for a version of firmware I never installed ?

The last time I went into Cydia, it now states that Cydia has on file SHSH blobs for versions 3.0, 3.1, 3.1.2, 3.1.3, 4.0, 4.0.1 .. Now, I have an iPhone 3Gs with iOS 4 installed, jailbroken with sn0wbreeze and unlocked with ultrasn0w. So how is it that Cydia is showing that for my phone it has SHSH blobs for firmware 4.0.1 when I have never installed it ?

Thanks

They are signed automatically as they are available from apple. Doesn't matter what firmware you are on. They are not wrong......

That doesn't make sense .. My brother has an iPhone 3Gs also which is running the same as me, however, his phone shows for Cydia that its has the SHSH blobs for 3.1.2, 3.1.3, 4.0 .. so how come it doesn't show ALL the versions as my Cydia does ?

Thats tell me that its per Device, not what Apple has released .. otherwise his would be showing ALL versions as mine does.
    Last edited by LordGeek; 2010-07-28 at 08:54 PM.

Thanks

Saurik doesn't save everyone's SHSH files at one time. Some take longer than others. It is per device.
    Caching Apple's Signature Server - Jay Freeman (saurik)

As I stated in another thread where you asked this question:
    SHSH files are saved automatically as they are available for signing from apple. I was on 3.0 for a long time and had 3.0,3.1,3.1.2,3.1.2,3.1.3 SHSH files stored while still on 3.0.

Sorry if it doesn't "make sense". That's the way it is....
    Last edited by Simtech; 2010-07-28 at 09:00 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone HeavyD4's Avatar
    Thanks

I have a 3G that was on 3.0 3.1.2 and 4.0,my saved blobs say 3.2, 3.2.1 and 4.0 I never even heard of 3.2

Thats why I'm stating that it doesn't make sense.

Thanks

Yeah now I want to downgrade to 3.0 or 3.1.2 n e thing besides 4.0 I went nuts with the whole tiny umbrella thing and I can't even do it, I'm looking to buy another 3G or 3GS running on lower firmware

Thanks

It makes perfect sense. The SHSH grab tool is used to sign the SHSH files for a specific device. Apple only signs 1 firmware version at a time. Once a new firmware is released, requests to sign an older version firmwares are declined. Requesting to sign your SHSH files doesn't mean that you have that particular firmware running on your phone, it is just a request for apple to sign, then Saurik saves the signed files and stores them under your ECID. You need to read the blog I posted above if you really wanted to understand. Otherwise just keep saying that it doesn't make sense.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

Simtech is correct.

Basic run down.

SHSH saved for the first time.

Apple releases new firmware.

Saurik has server run command to get new SHSH of the "blobs" he has.

Rinse, repeat for each firmware automatically even though user is not updating.

And it does take time for it to push the SHSH signings. He has a ton of SHSH blobs and now he has to take on 3G SHSHs.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Cer0 For This Useful Post:

Simtech (2010-07-29)

Thanks

I not saying the process doesn't make sense I meant I never heard of 3.2 or 3.2.1 on an iPhone and it says that's what I have saved n just my luck my 3G just crashed and I just tried restoring it and it's not working it has the boot apple stuck on the screen,can use some help if possible I'd appreciate it