Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cydia Crash - No iFile & idk What SSH is or how to install it.

Default Cydia Crash - No iFile & idk What SSH is or how to install it.
    So basically when i open cydia, a black screen comes up with a grey-ish bar at the bottom. (Like before the normal loading screen) It does this and then a few seconds later it goes back to the first screen. (With the apps and such) I've looked on youtube and various sites but i cna't seem to find a fix. Please someone help me. TY =)

P.S i have 3.1.3 and i haven't got iFile or SSH, - btw don't know what ssh is and cos cydia crashed i cant get ifile...

iPhone? More like MyPhone sgt.pepper's Avatar
    Thanks

restore then rejailbreak and install open ssh the first thing yyou do

HIT THANKS IF I HELPED!

13 recovery mode restores
    7 dfu mode restores
    2 custom firmware restores

Trust me i had thought and tried that but A. I don't really want to lose all my apps. B. it will only restore if i update my ipod to 4.0 which as of yet cannot be jailbroken =/

Thanks

you caan jailbreak it only if you have a mb model 2nd gen. and you can always just resync them. unless therir. cough cough wink cough cough

HIT THANKS IF I HELPED!

7 dfu mode restores

It is 2cd gen, 3.1.3 and MB***** and i have tried simply just syncin an jailbreakin it again but it doesnt work. I also downloaded cydia onto my pc and on all the help vids it says go var/lib/apts/list so i hooked up my ipod and did that but their isnt any files there?

Thanks

yeah yhou can jailbreak that, upgrading doesnt remove all your songs and apps (i think almost 100% positive). you could, just update and use redsn0w to jailbreak it, or use pwnage tool(mac) or sn0wbreeze(windows) to upgrade with a custom firmware, but both of those require you to restore to that firmware.

HIT THANKS IF I HELPED!

7 dfu mode restores

kk so u can jailbreak when ur ipod is 4.0? and ive looked on some other posts and seen that i can download iphonebrowser which will do the var/lib blah blah thing, should i give that a go?

Thanks

sorry but idk what your talking about with iphonebrowser. idk cuz im on 3.1.3 and i really hate going through restores cuz i have to sync 3500 songs and like 100 apps on to my ipod, then all the cydia stuff. but, redsn0w is what i would use for that. just goto blog.iphone-dev.org and goto the bottom post and the dl for redsn0w is there

HIT THANKS IF I HELPED!

7 dfu mode restores

9. The Following User Says Thank You to sgt.pepper For This Useful Post:

ConfusedKid (2010-06-30)