Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: "NoAccessorySplash" iOS 4.0

IOS 5 NoAccessorySplash absolutely the best tweak available. Any update?
    Cheers guys

J

Quote Originally Posted by jacknorris View Post
    I'll look into the iOS 5 issues over the weekend
    Jack - Might it be possible to do this tweak without jailbreaking? When I plug my iPhone 4 with iOS 5 into my car adaptor, it occasionally (one out of ten times) goes into a mode with no splash screen and the phone controlling the playlists instead of the steering wheel buttons. It stays in this preferred mode until the phone is unplugged or the ignition is turned off. This makes me suspect it may be possible on a non-jailbreak phone, but I'm no expert. Alternatively, I gladly wait for your iOS 5 version, which will be my first reason to jailbreak. Thanks in advance.

Hey is anyone else running this on an iPad? I seem to get this message after a while, is there any way of fixing it?

I'm running 4.3.3.

Also if this tweak is no longer being updated, how easy would it be to reverse engineer it:?

I only ask as it's less than 10k in size, and if it's only a case of tweaking a few plist files then I'm more than happy doing that in iFile.

Thanks

Don't cast him out so quickly..Apple did some cute lil things in iOS 5 so this isn't going to be an easy fix

@Bill-1, well technically no since you need a jailbroken device to run the tweak code.

@HypnoToad, thats what I've been trying to do but its a lil more involved than tweaking a few plists -_-
    i did manage to get SpringBoard to unlock playback controls when my car stereo is connected but the Music app is still locked out
    Of course I've only been playing with this for 8 hours and i just figured out what i was doing so idk... i defiantly can't make any promises either... but if i make any progress before jack comes back around ill post it here as well

Sorry, I have been tied up lately.
    I have the new version running on my phone currently, just a couple more things to look at and it should be ready to go.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jacknorris For This Useful Post:

mctaylor82 (2011-11-14), Pio435 (2011-11-15), politicalslug (2011-11-12), truehybridx (2011-11-11)

Thanks

just out of curiosity where was showSplash moved to? it use to be in AccessoryEventHandler but lol i haven't found it

any time frame for this? can't wait tried downgrading to 4.2.1 and nearly ****** my phone over

... and one user more which can't wait to get the update ... any news?

Thanks

I guess nothing new, or he got busy with school or something -_- darn

My iPhone is a Part of Me politicalslug's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jacknorris View Post
    Sorry, I have been tied up lately.
    I have the new version running on my phone currently, just a couple more things to look at and it should be ready to go.
    Could you share the .deb so we can take a look at a couple of these things? I'm fine with a beta version vs no version.
    They can have my jailbreak when they pry it from my cold dead fingers.

I would also love to see this!

Thanks

i feel his pain in this one -_- I've been looking thru iOS 5 for several hours and can't figure out where the accessory thing is -_-

Thanks

Alright i got good news... i managed to get it working on my iPod :P

Ill try have a beta out out tomorrow afternoon (US time)
    But its gonna be strictly basic, no toggle or anything fancy like his

15. The Following User Says Thank You to truehybridx For This Useful Post:

Pio435 (2011-11-28)

Will it be under the same name? NoAccessoryiOS5?

Thanks

right now its called NoAccSplash. Its currently in my beta repo while its being tested but y'all are free to give it a try.
    add "http://beta.leimobile.com/repo/" to your sources list in Cydia and it will show up. Ive tested it and it works on 5.0 and 5.0.1 so give it a try

since this is a BETA, be constructive in your complaints please :P send reports and all that fun info if you have any issues. It works for me but i have no clue if it'll work for you.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to truehybridx For This Useful Post:

hleibov (2011-11-29)

Awesome man! I had 2 springboard crashes upon plugging my iPod into my car stereo, third try was a success and seems to work flawlessly!

Thanks

If you have any crashes at all email me thru cydia, I wanna investigate it. Even if it crashed once or twice
    Get the latest info for NoAccSplash Here
    Currently it should work on iOS 4.x - 6.x
    If you'd like to help extend its functionality, the source is also available.

On iPhone 3GS running iOS5 worker first time no problems
    THANK YOU!!!!

On iPod touch 4g, simply perfect!!! THANK YOU!

Okay, so this works on my iPhone 4 while running the stock media player. First time, no crashes so far.

However, I like to use an alternative player (Music+) and that still has a problem like all external media players. External players cannot control the media player music when "accessory connected" screen is up, and still cannot control it with this tweek. Is this something that can be looked into as well?

Either way, THANK YOU!!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast