Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: problem with cydia on ios 4

Default problem with cydia on ios 4
    after upgrading on my 3gs, jailbroken with pwnage tool cydia just crashes as i tap on it
    please help me

Did you do anything with it like install something? I just did the same and Cydia is working.
    ---------------------------
    iPhone 4 32 GB
    iPod Touch 4G 32 GB

Thanks

Im not on a 3GS and Cydia is working fine, did you manage to get into it right after Jailbreaking?? if so did you leave it to update??
    If I've helped you remember to say

iPhone? More like MyPhone Renblade's Avatar
    Thanks

I have the exact same problem. For some reason it keeps crashing and I've tried with 3 different .ispw files with the exact same result. Has nobody else got this issue?
    Agua Del Rosal - It's really just water

Same thing is happening to me. Tried multiple times, Even removed Winterboard because I read somewhere it was causing issues. MobileTerminal will not launch either. HELP!

I had that problem the first four times I jailbroke mine last night. Eventually I downloaded the ipsw directly from Apple, and it finally worked. I'm not sure if that was what fixed it or what, but it's worth a shot.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Renblade's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by doomi View Post
    I had that problem the first four times I jailbroke mine last night. Eventually I downloaded the ipsw directly from Apple, and it finally worked. I'm not sure if that was what fixed it or what, but it's worth a shot.
    Gonna try that and I'll let you know if it works!
    Agua Del Rosal - It's really just water

How did you get the ispw direct from apple..? Nowhere on the web site does it allow one to do that, that I can see.

iPhone? More like MyPhone diggie2002's Avatar
    Thanks

Default .IPSW Direct from Apple
    When iTunes asks if you want to upgrade, say yes and once it begins to download, disconnect your phone. It'll d/l the .ipsw and wont update your iPhone until ur ready. It'll be in your documents and settings/*user name*/application data/apple 'something'/update files....or something to that effect. It'll be in there. Viola! .IPSW direct from Apple. I hope it helps.
    Thank me if I helped you out!

Ah yes. I actually downloaded the update without applying at first. Then used PwangeTool to create a custom ispw - I've noticed even my regualr connect to network apps are not running correctly. googlemaps, email, esentially anything that has to use the network to go. Altho I am getting phone and text msgs.I DL'd a ispw from gizmodo that also came right from apple's servers. I'm going to try that next to see. Otherwise I'm going to go back to 313 or not be jailbroke [*sigh*] till they get this fixed.

No dice folks....my 3G apparently does not want the update. Cydia, Cycoder, Terminal - nothing will launch. Going back to 3.1.3 for now.
    Last edited by tre_s; 2010-06-23 at 10:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost