Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How do I download Cydia?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by TheSmartGuy View Post
    Why do that when you can just use JailbreakMe?

jailbreakme.com is really hard to use if your not on ios 4.x

Im putting out the info for non ios 4.x

4.0.2 and 4.1 break the jailbreask as far as I can tell. Do not update to those firmwares and spend five minutes here in this thread and you can jb your phone in no time. I use spirit on my 3.1.3 and I use jailbreakme.com for my 4.0.1

they are both as simple as normal use of the iphone. . .
    Last edited by nice shot; 2010-09-16 at 02:46 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

i have an ipod touch and idk how the **** u jailbreak it

Please help I accidentally erased the Cydia app on my iPhone. How do I get it back?
    Robert

While removing an application Cydia also removed.hw to install again.I tried to jailbreak again but Cydia not installed again...pls support.now I hv msg (it safe mode)

I have the same problem, I HAD cydia when I bought my 3g 4.1 firmware 6.15.00 baseband? not sure what that is called. But I some how deleted it, or someone thinks that when DL some apps from it and deleted them I deleted the "library" from Cydia. I also heard that if I deleated Cydia it should not work on Tmobile but it still does.... I don't know what to do. I def want Cydia back but my motive in this was to be able to receive MMS messages. I can send them to myself AFTER entering all the info in the settings, and I can send to others but NO ONE can send to me. HELP

(mine is NOT in safe mode tho) and this is probably a stupid question but all Iphones come with IOS? I dont see that anywhere insettings, or withtin the phone.
    Last edited by chrystian_cross23; 2011-10-24 at 01:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chrystian_cross23 View Post
    I have the same problem, I HAD cydia when I bought my 3g 4.1 firmware 6.15.00 baseband? not sure what that is called. But I some how deleted it, or someone thinks that when DL some apps from it and deleted them I deleted the "library" from Cydia. I also heard that if I deleated Cydia it should not work on Tmobile but it still does.... I don't know what to do. I def want Cydia back but my motive in this was to be able to receive MMS messages. I can send them to myself AFTER entering all the info in the settings, and I can send to others but NO ONE can send to me. HELP

(mine is NOT in safe mode tho) and this is probably a stupid question but all Iphones come with IOS? I dont see that anywhere insettings, or withtin the phone.
    When you bought your iPhone (secondhand) the previous owner had made some modifications already.
    They Jailbroke, and then Unlocked.
    • Jailbreaking is what's required to do the carrier unlock (that allows you to use T-mobile). Jailbreaking installs Cydia.

• Cydia is a program that's installed when you Jailbreak, that allows you to load other Jailbroken software. If you delete Cydia, you may not have any other options to reload it without wiping everything, restoring, and starting over from scratch.

• iOS is the iPhone's operating system.
      It's like "Windows" on a PC.

Lame . I knew most that BUT i hoped that I didn't have to re jail break it, cause that means I will have to unlock it AGAIN too right? This would be the 3rd time to this phone that i know of.. wont that brick it

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12