Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need some help!

Default Need some help!
    I have been trying to find a solution to this for the past day or so. I just recently jailbroke my 3gs 3.1.3 with spirit. When i load cydia, it is taking forever to download all the basic packages. I tried using my 3G connection and then wifi, and it still is taking forever. It still hasnt even downloaded mobile substrate so i cant install any packages like sbsetting.

I tried Ultrapusher to install mobile substrate, but it didn't work. Is there a way i can install the cydia packages via usb?

Any help will be great.

My iPhone is a Part of Me area51crypto's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by desi_racing View Post
    I have been trying to find a solution to this for the past day or so. I just recently jailbroke my 3gs 3.1.3 with spirit. When i load cydia, it is taking forever to download all the basic packages. I tried using my 3G connection and then wifi, and it still is taking forever. It still hasnt even downloaded mobile substrate so i cant install any packages like sbsetting.

I tried Ultrapusher to install mobile substrate, but it didn't work. Is there a way i can install the cydia packages via usb?

Any help will be great.
    I don't know what you are calling a long time but my 3gs 3.1.3 on wifi takes 35 seconds to load! Probality like using 3g which I do not have, its about 25 miles from me!

i am using a 3GS, and i am referring to a "long time" as in hours like 7-8 hours. i left my phone loading before i went to bed and thn when i woke up it was still trying to download the packages.

Thanks

i am using a 3GS, and i am referring to a "long time" as in hours like 7-8 hours. i left my phone loading before i went to bed and thn when i woke up it was still trying to download the packages.
    Was the download progressing?

Try to download Rock in Cydia and when its through try to download the same app through Rock and see if there is any difference!

i actually restored my phone, then jailbroke it again, and now it works fine.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to desi_racing For This Useful Post:

area51crypto (2010-06-12)

Thanks

i actually restored my phone, then jailbroke it again, and now it works fine.
    Good Job!