Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cydia Crash

Default Cydia Crash
    I tried install the latest Cydia,got some errors.when I try to open cydia,it crashes to the springboard.Any fixes for this yet? It seems I'm not the only one with this problem.One more question,I still have Rock from when I jail broke,can I install Rock safely and use it ? Thanks.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

i have the same problem

My iPhone is a Part of Me area51crypto's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jebbert67 View Post
    I tried install the latest Cydia,got some errors.when I try to open cydia,it crashes to the springboard.Any fixes for this yet? It seems I'm not the only one with this problem.One more question,I still have Rock from when I jail broke,can I install Rock safely and use it ? Thanks.
    Rock had a problem a while back and they have fixed the problem and I have not had any problems!

Use Rock and search for Cydia Installer and choose it will ask if you want to delete Cydia or reinstall it, I would choose reinstall, then you will see updates or changes later on and update through Cydia or Rock!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

i found this in you tube and fix my problem [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnGhexo9Pvg]YouTube - Fix Cydia Quit on Launch Problems - EASILY![/ame]

HA HA THATS my video! I'm iCyU II!

I'm having this same problem but I'm sorry - I don't understand this video at all. Is there a simpler explanation? I'm running Mac OS X and what I see on the video doesn't look anything like what I'm used to, nor do I understand how to find it. But my Cydia keeps crashing and it's driving me crazy

I'm having the same problem but instead of crashing to the springboard it crashes to the apple logo on my iPad when refreshing the sources i tried all the fixes on you tube but still no fix. I'm going to wait ultil the ios 4 is released before I restore and rejailbreak but if any help for now would be great. Thanks

Um no thats the simplest way!

hey bignighttrain watch my latest video @ youtube.com/howboutnot11
    Last edited by troe11; 2010-06-18 at 11:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

OMG I totally give up... on fixing Cydia from not loading when I try to open it... I got the 3g like 2 months ago and now cydia will not load. I tried to fix it but a lot of the tutorials on youtube and the searches I found all require SSH or IFile which I do not have or installed into my iphone. Some of them came up with errors such as unable to load itunesmobile.dll, or I need to user an older version of itunes according to clearcydiacache.exe, BlackRaiN, spirit, I tried winSCP to connect through wireless but I got a error message to connect. Ugh I don't know what to do anymore. Any ideas? I don't mind resetting or starting over!

the trick from the video worked for me!! SUPER EASY AND EFFECTIVE! I LOVE YA MATE

Subscribed and thumb up.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Renblade's Avatar
    Thanks

Tried the video… He said it would work 100% :'(

No success…
    Agua Del Rosal - It's really just water

Thanks troe11, that worked perfectly and was much easier than the other solutions I had come across.

I think many of us, myself included, do not know what the hell SSH is, Google searches yield seemingly-unrelated results, so we get confused right off the bat. For those who are confused, search Google for a program called iPhoneBrowser. Download, install and run, then follow troe11's video. Once you see iPhoneBrowser's interface then the instructions become crystal clear.

Quote Originally Posted by ThrowingChicken View Post
    Thanks troe11, that worked perfectly and was much easier than the other solutions I had come across.

I think many of us, myself included, do not know what the hell SSH is, Google searches yield seemingly-unrelated results, so we get confused right off the bat. For those who are confused, search Google for a program called iPhoneBrowser. Download, install and run, then follow troe11's video. Once you see iPhoneBrowser's interface then the instructions become crystal clear.
    Green, i downloaded and installed iphonebrowser, got the lil icon of the ipod onto my desktop, double clicked it and it gives me an error: "Iphonebrowser has encounterd a problem and needs to close" and some other text that i cba to write, any help?