Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cydia / apt section exclude

Default Cydia / apt section exclude
    Hi.. maybe i should have posted this question in a more linux oriented forum but hey.. maybe someone here can help me with what i'm looking for.

every package in a debian-like repo has a Section property..
    in Cydia for example there are Sections from Tweak, Themes and so on..

is there any way to make cydia (or apt-get/aptitude for that matter) to ignore completely specific sections from the sources? for example Themes/Ringtones

there are tons and tons of themes in alla these repos making the package database pretty "heavy" and i was wondering if i can exclude them.
    that way, when i want to check out what's new in the sources.. i wouldn't have to scroll around hundrends of (useless?) themes

thanks in advance

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I am trying out an idea. But I have to wait a day or two to see if it really works.

thank you very much for considering this..

the only way I can imagine doing this.. is by making a mirror of all the apt sources combinded and then do some greping/seding to filter out the unwanted stuff... but unfortunately that presupposes that a new repo has to be created and be always available on the idevice

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

My idea didn't work.

I think the problem is that apt is not made for ignoring sections or anything else in the "newest updates". Normally on my Ubuntu system apt just looks if there are new updates for packages I already installed. If yes it tells me to update them. Even if I start Synaptic I see all available packages and can search through them.

What Cydia does is a simple apt-get update and after that I guess Cydia just looks which packages are new or had an update a creates the list that we see then. So maybe we shouldask Saurik and hope that he creates a possibility to ignore the view of updates of specific sections.