Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: APT 0.7 Strict (Where to find)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default APT 0.7 Strict (Where to find)
    what source or repo do I need for this to appear in my cydia, because I need it and I am getting frustrated not being able to find it lol

Hi tmt, I am trying to install apt on my iPhone and I cannot find it either. What's crazy is the fact that I just installed it on my daughters iPT last night and it was there. I do see "APT 0.7 HTTPS Method", which I believe is from the same repo. I'll see if I can figure out what is the difference between her iPT and my iPhone and let you know if I figure it out. If not I guess I'll just download the .debs and install them with dpkg. -Thomas

My iPhone is a Part of Me area51crypto's Avatar
    Thanks

Open Cydia then choose Manage at the bottom of the screen, then on the next screen choose Packages and when the next page comes up it will be say Installed, to the right of the word Installed you will see a button which will say either Simple or Expert!

You need to make the button say Simple! What that means is what ever the button says you actually have the opposite sellected! Aka if the button says Simple you are in Expert mode! What the button states is what you will have it you press on the button!

Also when you jailbreak your Iphone the first time you open Cydia you will get a screen that will ask how you want to set up Cydia!

The choices are

User
    Hacker
    Developer

I chose Hacker because when Cydia had all the major problems because of a
    Rock update deleted some files and crashed lots of phones, mine was one of them!

Saurik found the problem and to solve it you had to reinstall the files and when I open Cyida and looked for the files apt to replace the missing files with I could not find them!

So I was forced to restore!

Later is when I found out that the user interface you choose will decided what files apts you can see!

I am not a Hacker by no means, but I chose Hacker interface and now I can see a lot more apts that were hidden!

The reason this is done as a lot of us do not know how to use are what they are used for!

But I do know if some of the really smart people here tells you to run this apt and it will fix an issue with the phone I am smart enought to run the apt, although I have no idea what it is for!

The apps you refer to in Cydia I can find and see by openning up Cydia then choose Manage then choose Packages then scroll down to you find what you want!

This is long but maybe it might help you or others!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to area51crypto For This Useful Post:

the_mia_team (2010-06-05)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Hey i actually switched to Hacker method and bam there is APT 0.7 Strict now, thanx bud

My iPhone is a Part of Me area51crypto's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by the_mia_team View Post
    Hey i actually switched to Hacker method and bam there is APT 0.7 Strict now, thanx bud
    No problem just trying to help!

Its hard to get it here anymore!