Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Re-install of cydia = empty installed packages list

Default Re-install of cydia = empty installed packages list
    I thought re-installing cydia would solve some of my problems, so i did... All things i installed with it are still here but do no appear in the installed packages list... Of course since Cydia as been "restored"!

So is there a way to make them appear here again, unless reinstalling them all again? It's quite annoying cause you can have the need to know what's installed and some don't have any icons or menu so you can't know they're installed if you forgot you did install them...

105 views, 0 answer... If i reinstall all package on themselves, won't they be doubled or something like that?
    Last edited by kojinmalia; 2010-06-04 at 05:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is a Part of Me area51crypto's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kojinmalia View Post
    I thought re-installing cydia would solve some of my problems, so i did... All things i installed with it are still here but do no appear in the installed packages list... Of course since Cydia as been "restored"!

So is there a way to make them appear here again, unless reinstalling them all again? It's quite annoying cause you can have the need to know what's installed and some don't have any icons or menu so you can't know they're installed if you forgot you did install them...

105 views, 0 answer... If i reinstall all package on themselves, won't they be doubled or something like that?
    First of all you should have backup up your Jailbroken apps!

Second yes you will have to reinstall all Cydia apps!

Third if you purchased apps from Cydia and download them again you will not be charged, as long as it is the same phone!

Fourth you need to get PKGBackup from Cydia, cost $3.50 I think! Then you run PKGBackup and it will save your Cydia apps so when or if you ever have to restore!

Once you restore iphone you can open Cydia and redownload PKGBackup, and want be charged for it, then do a restore from it an all jailbroken apps is restored! Read and learn how PKGBackup works and it will be the best $3.50 you will ever spend on your Iphone!

Might not be what you want to here but it is the truth, learn from your mistakes and go on! Your not the first nor the last to do this! I also did this!

Are you the developper? Sounded like that haha... Thanks for the answer anyway. I checked that PKGBackup, so i have to use the iTunes Save, right? I disabled it, cause it was so annoying...

Next time i'll just make a save before after a new restore and all Cydia PKG installed. But some people reported that there are some troubles... We need had the source first before restore PKG, right?

My iPhone is a Part of Me area51crypto's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kojinmalia View Post
    Are you the developper? Sounded like that haha... Thanks for the answer anyway. I checked that PKGBackup, so i have to use the iTunes Save, right? I disabled it, cause it was so annoying...

Next time i'll just make a save before after a new restore and all Cydia PKG installed. But some people reported that there are some troubles... We need had the source first before restore PKG, right?
    I have my Itunes set to not auto sync! I sync about once a week with Itunes!

Another thing that you need to know is that when you do a sync or backup in Itunes it does NOT backup your Jailbroken apps!

That is what PKGBackup does and it saves to your contact list in itunes!

No I am not the developper of PKGBackup, not that smart on programming, but have made several mistakes since I jailbroke my Iphone and the first was not buying this app! I did what you are going to have to do and manually reinstall all jailbroken apps, its a pain in the neck!

There is a free backup app in Cydia for jailbroken apps and also one for Appstore apps! I have them both and use them both but PKGBackup works for me!

The way I learned is from reading in the fourums and that wonderfull search option at the top right of this web page!

Hi all,

I know this thread is a little old but I found (by chance) a way to retrieve access to Packages without reinstalling Cydia. I use a buuf2 theme and every time I tried to go to Packages I got an empty screen with the title "Network error" and message "Unable to load (resource unavailable)".
    Then I switched to Saurik's theme, tried again and miracle: Packages opened normally! I tried many times again and got the same behavior. I found it to work also when all themes were unticked in Winterface resulting in the default iPhone springboard. I don't know what in buuf2 theme is causing the problem but I hope this will help someone