Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I cant install backgrounder

Default I cant install backgrounder
    i keep getting the "requested modification cannot be applied due to required dependencies etc.." message.

Then it says depends iphone firmware 3.0 and i have an ipod touch. Can someone please help.

I am also having the same problem. Is there a fix for this?

Thanks

Updateur firmware or update the dependencies required

Sry, I'm not sure how to do that...

Thanks

check cydia , when u go to backgrounder and it tells u cant install because of dependencies , just fix those dependencies

Thanks, but it says they can't be automatically fixed.

Hey, make sure your trying to install the right one on cydia. I had the same problem. There are two that you can download, and one is for the 2.xx firmwares. So make sure the other installation is what your trying to use.

I have the same issue. The dependencies its says its looking for are iPhone Firmware >=3.0 / iPhone Firmware <=4.0.

I'm running 3.1.3, so smack dab in the middle.

I JB two days ago for the first time, had to run the Spirit JB twice because after Cydia "reorganized" i lost the cydia icon and my calendar icon. After that I could DL and install Backgrounder fine.

A separate issue had me restore to non-JB and JB again (tried to install a "Complete Theme" and borked it, lost my whole dock and had no idea how to get it back- very new to modding). After that I was getting the above error.

Am now in the process of restoring again then JBing again. I used AptBack to restore the 3rd-party apps from cydia, i think this time im just going to pull the ones i want individually.