Results 1 to 9 of 9

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Want to change my SHSH in Cydia

  1. #1
    Default Want to change my SHSH in Cydia
    Hello all,

    I am not going to give all the details but, here is my question :
    I have a Iphone 3GS 32 Go 3.1.2 with new iboot, jailbraked and desimlocked with blackrain (thanks Geohotz) but I havemy SHSH on Cydia in 3.1.3 (did it manualy from my PC).
    I would like to know if it is possible to change or cancel my SHSH on Cydia server ?

    Thanks for your help, friendly

    Ike

  2. #2
    My iPhone is a Part of Me area51crypto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Heartland of America
    Posts
    953
    Thanks
    464
    Thanked 68 Times in 66 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by IKE99 View Post
    Hello all,

    I am not going to give all the details but, here is my question :
    I have a Iphone 3GS 32 Go 3.1.2 with new iboot, jailbraked and desimlocked with blackrain (thanks Geohotz) but I havemy SHSH on Cydia in 3.1.3 (did it manualy from my PC).
    I would like to know if it is possible to change or cancel my SHSH on Cydia server ?

    Thanks for your help, friendly

    Ike
    What software program on your pc did you use to save your SHSH's on Cydia

  3. #3
    If I remenber well it was umbrella, but not so sure ...
    I was in big trouble with my Iphone blocked and was trying everything that I could.

  4. #4
    My iPhone is a Part of Me area51crypto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Heartland of America
    Posts
    953
    Thanks
    464
    Thanked 68 Times in 66 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by IKE99 View Post
    If I remenber well it was umbrella, but not so sure ...
    I was in big trouble with my Iphone blocked and was trying everything that I could.
    Umbrella does not save your SHSH's on Saurik's server only retrieves form Saurik's server or Apples server!

    What do you mean about Iphone blocked?

  5. #5
    Retired Moderator Poseidon79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    8,264
    Thanks
    819
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

    I think he meant "bricked"? I'm still super confused on what you're trying to accomplish.

  6. #6
    Well, .... if you want all the story.

    I had a iphone 3GS 32 Go with new ibbot in 3.1.2. I installed :
    Mobile Substrate and VoIPover3G
    to allow me to use skype in 3G mode.

    Doing that all was ok but no more wifi. So I did a reset of the iphone and then the image of USB and no way to get out of this (blackrain, ...). I finaly found a way (not going to explain too long) and everything come back to my previous situation in 3.1.2.

    But while I was trying to get out of my bad situation, I used a tool (don't remenber witch)and now I have cydia telling me SHSH saved in 3.1.3. As I am in 3.1.2 I would like to correct the situation if possible

  7. #7
    Retired Moderator Poseidon79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    8,264
    Thanks
    819
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

    Apple is no longer signing firmware 3.1.2 anymore so if you didn't save your 3.1.2 SHSH with Cydia before 3.1.3 was released then there's no way to get it.. ever. At this point saurik's server has your 3.1.3 SHSH on file and that's it.. and that's all you're going to get.. until 4.0 comes out.. then you'll have 3.1.3 and 4.0.

    Get it?

  8. #8
    My iPhone is a Part of Me area51crypto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Heartland of America
    Posts
    953
    Thanks
    464
    Thanked 68 Times in 66 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by IKE99 View Post
    Well, .... if you want all the story.

    I had a iphone 3GS 32 Go with new ibbot in 3.1.2. I installed :
    Mobile Substrate and VoIPover3G
    to allow me to use skype in 3G mode.

    Doing that all was ok but no more wifi. So I did a reset of the iphone and then the image of USB and no way to get out of this (blackrain, ...). I finaly found a way (not going to explain too long) and everything come back to my previous situation in 3.1.2.

    But while I was trying to get out of my bad situation, I used a tool (don't remenber witch)and now I have cydia telling me SHSH saved in 3.1.3. As I am in 3.1.2 I would like to correct the situation if possible
    Lets say you bought a new 3gs 32GB Iphone today and it is on firmware 3.0! If you jailbroke that phone and choose to Make My Life Easier in Cydia, at sometime your shsh's would be saved on Saurik's server, for the current and only firmware that Apple is signing!

    Currently that is 3.1.3 and when Cydia grabbed the shsh's they would be stored then! The next time you open Cydia after the shsh's were stored you would get the message on the Cydia opening screen saying that This device has SHSHs on file for Iphone OS 3.1.3

    Even though you are at 3.1.2 Apple is not signing them any more and you can't get whats not there! Saurik could probality do his magical computer skills and with the information he needed could make SHSH's for 3.0,3.1, and 3.12 but as active in all he does I don't think he would have time!

    Now with that said lets say Apple comes out with 3.2 firmware then at some time you would see This device has SHSHs on file for Iphone OS 3.1.3, 3.2 on Cydia when you open it!

    So you got all you can have!
    Last edited by area51crypto; 2010-05-19 at 11:39 PM.

  9. #9
    Ok thanks for your help and answer, now it is clear for me.

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •