Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cydia stuck DLing packages

Question Cydia stuck DLing packages
    Hey guys,

Ive been using cydia for about 3 weeks now with no problems but now when I start it up, it says loading data(normal), then updating database(good), THEN i get an error net db: open node..., then it downloads translation, downloads releases and then it goes to downloading packages.....all good BUT it never downloads the packages, i just watch the loading icon spin around and nothing happens. All help/suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 956 Posts

U couldtry restoring or use rock

damn. are those the only 2 options? cuz rock has like no good apps compared to cydia (in my opinion) and i dont want to lose everything.

Any other suggestions before I do this?

Navigate to /etc/apt/sources.list Take the cydia.list and save it to your hard drive. Use a .plist editor like BBEditor to open it. You should then see the name of all the sources you've added in cydia, go ahead and delete the ones causing you problems. Save the file to the orignal name and place it back in the sources.list folder overwriting the old one.
    Hope this helps

5. The Following User Says Thank You to nednarm For This Useful Post:

studpod (2010-05-22)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nednarm View Post
    Navigate to /etc/apt/sources.list Take the cydia.list and save it to your hard drive. Use a .plist editor like BBEditor to open it. You should then see the name of all the sources you've added in cydia, go ahead and delete the ones causing you problems. Save the file to the orignal name and place it back in the sources.list folder overwriting the old one.
    Hope this helps
    try what nednarm has suggested and if that doesnt work, i suggest using wifi or getting rid of sources that arnt trusted or maintained regularly as they may cause the errors if they havent been updated.

I would stick to sources like sinfuliphone xsellize and hackulo (beyouriphone but its been shutdown)

These normally have everything needed to perform most of the hacks and mods.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to v1shal For This Useful Post:

studpod (2010-05-22)