Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ifile applications

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Ifile applications
    I have a question about IFile. When I view the Var/mobile/application folder all the application folders are listed in some kind of code rather than the name of th app. Can this be changed?

I did purchase and registered this app so it's not a cracked version.
    "There's A Party In My Tummy"

iPhone? More like MyPhone HungryHungryNico's Avatar
    Thanks

Go to Preferences inside the iFile app and turn on application names.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

^ I feel dumb, thanks.

iPhone? More like MyPhone HungryHungryNico's Avatar
    Thanks

No problem, my friend.

Exclamation Help!
    Ah! In trying to find files within my application I would just check the number code in var/mobile/media (before selecting the option to show Application Names). So, once I found that application, I re-named it but it replaced the number code (what is that code by the way?) and now my application is "gone". I put that in quotes because I can see it through iFile, but not on my iPad screen itself. How can I get this code back?!!!

Quote Originally Posted by elanw514 View Post
    Ah! In trying to find files within my application I would just check the number code in var/mobile/media (before selecting the option to show Application Names). So, once I found that application, I re-named it but it replaced the number code (what is that code by the way?) and now my application is "gone". I put that in quotes because I can see it through iFile, but not on my iPad screen itself. How can I get this code back?!!!
    Since you renamed the application directory, the system is probably very confused - it has lost track of the app. Try deleting that directory with iFile and then reinstalling the app from the App Store.

Quote Originally Posted by brittag View Post
    Since you renamed the application directory, the system is probably very confused - it has lost track of the app. Try deleting that directory with iFile and then reinstalling the app from the App Store.
    So there's no way for me to find that directory code without reinstalling? I have a lot of files in that application...

Quote Originally Posted by elanw514 View Post
    So there's no way for me to find that directory code without reinstalling? I have a lot of files in that application...
    You may be able to grab the files directly using iFile.