Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cydia Changes Tab

Default Cydia Changes Tab
    The changes tab in cydia doesn't open for me, if I tap it, it causes the whole cydia app to freeze and I have to respring in order to get it to open properly again. Has anyone had this problem before and does anyone know how to fix it? Thanks

i experience this prob too

Thanks

I had this problem as well since I did the Cydia update. I have just restored and reinstalled Cydia etc with their update and works well again except for a very small lag I think from Cydia being hammered. Seems to have fixed mine.

great solution . The problem seems to start when i get the forever reloading ring and force quit it using home button .... shouldn't have done that .... dumb me

Mine has been like it since I jailbroke with spirit.. So i didn't know if it was a problem with spirit.

nope , spirit has no problems , now i can use the change tab

Edit : Cydia seems to freeze when changing to freeze tab as it is lagging . i waited for quite a while and it changed to "changes" tab .... this is probably due to overloading of cydia server ....
    Last edited by sinnersage; 2010-05-07 at 05:21 PM.

I'm having this problem as well.
    Recently jailbroke with spirit. Cydia was working fine for a while, then today it started freezing whenever I tap the "Changes" button.
    Are there any confirmed fixes for this?

Default Found the fix!!!!!!!
    SSH into your iPhone/iPod Touch and got to /private/var/lib/apt/lists and delete everything except the partial folder. Then go to changes in Cydia and press refresh. Wait for it to reload and voila! it works!

Quote Originally Posted by 3GSquid View Post
    SSH into your iPhone/iPod Touch and got to /private/var/lib/apt/lists and delete everything except the partial folder. Then go to changes in Cydia and press refresh. Wait for it to reload and voila! it works!
    I tried this but it still didn't work. Right after I deleted all that stuff, it worked once and I was able to update the one thing it was nagging me about, but then after that it started doing it again.
    Anyone have any other suggestions?

changes tab works... It freezes for quite some time , but if you are patient enough, you will see that it changes to the "Changes" tab
    Edit: it takes about 1 min 30 sec for my cydia to change to changes tab. After that , i can freely change the tabs without freezing .... maybe its because of the many sources ?
    Last edited by sinnersage; 2010-05-11 at 11:07 AM.

Mine has done the same thing sense the last update also I have 20+ GSC in cydia listed packages now and they have from unknown/Local (system) by all of them. What are they any one know? Hope there is a fix soon.
    "Don't Buy it or Update it. Till JailBreak out for it!!!!!!!!"

there should be an option for us to select the number of changes we want to see so that it wont hang?