Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: All Sources ~ Help

Default All Sources ~ Help
    A friend of mine told me today about this package you can install that would give you all the packages in Cydia. Well I installed it and it SUCKS! How do I get this uninstalled and gone off my phone, along with all the added sources? Is there a way to uninstall cydia then reinstall it without doing a restore to get rid of this?

As always thanks for any help!

iPhone? More like MyPhone JustinPizzle's Avatar
    Thanks

Haha that sucks man.
    What the all sources thing does, is it says "add all these new sources, and then require that these are installed before I install", like prerequisites for other things. for instance, when you install winterboard, it requires you to have mobile substrate installed before, or it installs it for you when you install winterboard. What that means for your sources, is their not going to all go away when you uninstall the original package.

I get that I just want this BS off my phone. The issue is I have been deleting one source at a time once its done it wont update I have to kill Cydia then let it try to find updated packages that fail then go in and delete another source..just want to return Cydia back to original with my 4 repos as before. I'm kicking my buddies a** tomorrow for even tell me about this POS source.

If I get the original cydia files could I just delete everything via SSH and then use the new files? I have my cydia.list file backed up for some reason with all "MY" added repos.

My iPhone is a Part of Me area51crypto's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Roush00 View Post
    A friend of mine told me today about this package you can install that would give you all the packages in Cydia. Well I installed it and it SUCKS! How do I get this uninstalled and gone off my phone, along with all the added sources? Is there a way to uninstall cydia then reinstall it without doing a restore to get rid of this?

As always thanks for any help!
    Easy way to do this is open Cydia, search for Rock App, install Rock App, run Rock App, search for Cydia Installer, select it then choose reinstall

I tried it, Cydia still has all the sources installed.

What if I delete cydia again then SSH into the phone and delete all the files/folders for cydia will this mess up the sources for Rock to reinstall Cydia?

I got it fixed!! THANK YOU HACKER555

I found his post on another thread..

For many of you who do not have the proper ssh and root access files, this is something that should be done immediately after installing Cyida. However You can still use icy and rock to install these files. If you do not have either use Blackra1n to install them.
    =================================================

The information about Cydia repos are stored at a couple of locations:

/private/var/lib/cydia
    (Open Metadata.plist and delete the entries from the problem source)
    /private/var/lib/apt/list
    (delete all but the folder "partial")
    /private/var/lib/apt/list/partial
    (delete everything in this folder)
    /private/etc/apt/sources.list.d
    (delete the newest source/ the source causing the problem, remember to check cydia.list for duplicate entries)

Reload Cydia and hit refresh, let it load and then you should have all your sources back. make sure you
    Last edited by Roush00; 2010-05-07 at 05:25 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Roush00 For This Useful Post:

Zallman (2010-05-10)

Thanks

Dammit I just went thru that exact thing I kept on deleting until finally I got down to the one that was fkn cydia up and hanging it up mine did the same thing I had to reboot my phone after I uninstalled each one gimme a few minutes maybe it'll come back to me Wichita one it was I'll go look thru them

Witchita ? Fkn iPhone text fixer lol

I think it Ranbee
    Last edited by Cid6.7; 2010-05-08 at 12:48 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost