Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: No Matter what theme i install, My icons will not change!?

Thanks
    Question No Matter what theme i install, My icons will not change!?
    Hey guys!! I'm new to the site. I've tried googling this over and over, but I cannot get my app icons to change to any of the custom ones! I've tried G.O.C.pro and Glasklart icons and many others but they will not change! Ive even tried installing the Complete Themes!I figured if anyone could help me it would be someone on this site! BTW I have a 3Gs 3.1.2 JB & Unlock with Blacra1n.I have had no other problems(that I know of)besides this! Can someone please help? Thanx in advance!

Smiegle

My iPhone is a Part of Me area51crypto's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Smiegle View Post
    Hey guys!! I'm new to the site. I've tried googling this over and over, but I cannot get my app icons to change to any of the custom ones! I've tried G.O.C.pro and Glasklart icons and many others but they will not change! Ive even tried installing the Complete Themes!I figured if anyone could help me it would be someone on this site! BTW I have a 3Gs 3.1.2 JB & Unlock with Blacra1n.I have had no other problems(that I know of)besides this! Can someone please help? Thanx in advance!

Smiegle
    Ok not trying to be smart but you do know that you have to go into Winterboard and choose what you want! There are several GOC options that you can choose from, pick out the ones you want and check them!

Also in Winterboard they can be layered as in if you have something checked in another them it will also load in the theme!

This is the theme I have been using for a while! I also purchased Shrink and it makes the icons smaller aka 100% 80% and so on!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by area51crypto View Post
    Ok not trying to be smart but you do know that you have to go into Winterboard and choose what you want! There are several GOC options that you can choose from, pick out the ones you want and check them!

Also in Winterboard they can be layered as in if you have something checked in another them it will also load in the theme!

This is the theme I have been using for a while! I also purchased Shrink and it makes the icons smaller aka 100% 80% and so on!
    First off, thank you for your reply crypto! Second,That's is how Ive been doing it! The theme installs in its entirety except the custom icons that are supposed to come with the theme.I just realized something else! The calc,text,dial pad and everything else changed to the theme icons not my app icons! To put it simpler,all the icons that the theme changes become the custom icons of theme, except my springboard icons! I cant figure it out. Right now I'm uninstalling all the packages in Cydia except the defaults.
    Last edited by Smiegle; 2010-05-05 at 06:21 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Smiegle View Post
    First off, thank you for your reply crypto! Second,That's is how Ive been doing it! The theme installs in its entirety except the custom icons that are supposed to come with the theme.I just realized something else! The calc,text,dial pad and everything else changed to the theme icons not my app icons! To put it simpler,all the icons that the theme changes become the custom icons of theme, except my springboard icons! I cant figure it out. Right now I'm uninstalling all the packages in Cydia except the defaults.
    I would go to Cydia and choose G.O.C. Pro, on the next screen choose Modify then choose reinstall

See if that works!

Thanks
    i installed G.O.C.Pro through ssh for free, but its the same thing with all the other themes i try too! I've tried MacCiti's Vivid, HiTech, Glasklart,Illumine and a few others but none of them will change my Springboard icons!

Solution found! Simple and embarrassing!!For anyone else who might have this problem, It took me a few days just to find a post on this, but I found the answer an a Yahoo forum. If the theme's you install won't change your Springboard icons. Go into Winterboard and make sure the option to to run in Summerboard mode is turned "ON"! Solved the issue for me and I hope it does for everyone else with the same stupid circumstances! BTW Thanx for trying to help Crypto!
    Last edited by Smiegle; 2010-05-05 at 09:21 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Smiegle For This Useful Post:

Ladyzoul (2010-05-16)

Thanks

Uncheck all themes in winterboard. Get iwipe from cydia an run it. Then go back to winterboard and enable a theme. Iwipe will clear your icon cache.

Correction, it's called iwipe cache. There's a different app called iwipe. You want the cache one.
    Last edited by soulthoughts; 2010-05-05 at 09:30 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

8. The Following User Says Thank You to soulthoughts For This Useful Post:

area51crypto (2010-05-05)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by soulthoughts View Post
    Uncheck all themes in winterboard. Get iwipe from cydia an run it. Then go back to winterboard and enable a theme. Iwipe will clear your icon cache.

Correction, it's called iwipe cache. There's a different app called iwipe. You want the cache one.
    Well I would like to thank you for this info as I downloaded it ran it and now when I load Cydia NO errors!

So this is good for a lot of things clearing the cache!

Also Cydia loads a LOT faster!

Thanks again!
    Last edited by area51crypto; 2010-05-05 at 11:33 PM.

Thanks

Good deal.