Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cydia Error (Cache Fail, Host Unreachable)

Thanks

whats up with Cydia, i cant reach it or its so slow and times out. I have wifi and nothing, takes forever to download the past couple days wont connect anyone having problems.

Quote Originally Posted by jotei66 View Post
    Thanks aceross - this worked for me. I simply deleted using ifile - deleted all as explained above (leaving partial intact) and immediately shut down iPhone, restated and opened cydia - error messages gone! ;-) thanx again
    wow good for you..i did the same but when i went back to cydia..i get the same old cache error and host unreachabl;e stuff =(

edit: gettin tired of this ****, deleted all the files as per the instructions i pasted here..rebooted the touch(yes im using touch 3g 32 gig) opened cydia and now i get multiple errors: cache file error, host unreachable, 401 not found, etc..it cant be my wifi as youtube can play well, and safari works.....

what happens is somehow when i delete the files and open cydia, those deleted files respawn..im not even sure a restore and re-JB will help ..help anyone???
    Last edited by aceross23; 2010-05-08 at 08:16 AM.

Already deleted all the files in /root/private/var/lib/apt/lists/ except for the partial subfolder, I am still getting this error for weeks now:

Is there any way to fix that?

Quote Originally Posted by eyePH0NE View Post
    Already deleted all the files in /root/private/var/lib/apt/lists/ except for the partial subfolder, I am still getting this error for weeks now:

Is there any way to fix that?
    there's fix for that on the ipodtouch.com forums..google it or search the site

edit: here: [ame]http://www.ipodtouchfans.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=174[/ame]

Sorry, forgot to mention that I had already tried that - without success...

Any other idea?

PS: No need to fully quote my posting...
    Last edited by eyePH0NE; 2010-05-10 at 01:33 PM.

I have been getting this error too.

I think its a problem with Cydia, because Rock is working fine.

mine is fixed..i went to the mall with a stronger reception..and it all worked out...strange coz my wifi in my room is strong enough to play youtubes but cant even download 50 "KILOBYTES" in cydia???? wtf

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

what exactly are essential updates?

Default Same Problem
    Ive been having the same problems as aceross23, only it doesnt work anywhere i try it. Ive tried deleting everthing in /private/var/lib/apt/lists and rebooting, but they just come back and i still have the same problem. Ive tried reinstalling cydia many different ways, but nothing works. Any ideas?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Thanks aceross23! This worked perfectly!

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I too am having the same problems with ALL repo's.

I am having the same problem, JB with Spirit 3gs. Cydia keeps downloading package and then error cash failure.

Cydia keeps downloading package and then error cash failure

me 2 except i added the source apt.macosovil.com and i rejailbroke my ipod touch to firmware 4.0.2 and get the same err from macosovil.com and when i first added source there was nothing in the source so i think its something with the source

I had the same problem, i fixed it by deleting the lists AND deleting my router from my iPhone AND deleting my iPhone's IP Address from my router.

Hope it helps.

Default Ditto
    Quote Originally Posted by gheo View Post
    i have the same problem only mine is an ipod 2g firmware 3.1.2
    Mine is an iphone 2g with 3.1.2 firmware and I have the same problem @ cached failure etc. BTW, I thought the essential upgrades were for firmware 4.0 +. Wouldn't I lose my jailbreak if I were to go in for an upgrade?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12