Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Mobilesubstrate: does it ALWAYS run?

Question Mobilesubstrate: does it ALWAYS run?
    If you don't have winterboard installed, and only have mobilesubstrate installed because of MyWi .... will mobilesubstrate ALWAYS run in the background even if you don't have MyWi/tethering turned on?

I would like to lessen the chances of any instability as much as possible, and have avoided mobilesubstrate forever, until MyWi.

Thoughts?

Of course it always runs! It has to always run because if the springboard /does/ crash, Mobilesubstrate can catch the device.

^ is that the case without winterboard? I figured mobilesubstrate would only run in the case that something that's always running is running (such as winterboard)..... and something like MyWi would only run mobilesubstrate when called upon.

Quote Originally Posted by lazyjj View Post
    is that the case without winterboard? I figured mobilesubstrate would only run in the case that something that's always running is running (such as winterboard)..... and something like MyWi would only run mobilesubstrate when called upon.
    Well, Saurik (grr...) developed Cydia with mobilesubstrate (im pretty sure...) it should run

Thanks

It's running now go catch it !