Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cydia causing my iPhone alot of problems

Default Cydia causing my iPhone alot of problems
    Cydia takes time to load, i then get Error: Refreshing Data and also KEY EXPIRED Error.

I use a App called Backgrounder which lets you minimize any App, i have also enabled it for Cydia. I have to close the App via SBSettings Method. It always closes every App except Cydia, the only way to close Cydia is Respring.

This Cydia is slowing my iPhone down, sometime while looking for new updates, Cydia quits randomly causing my iPhone to freeze for 5-10 seconds.

Please somebody help.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to h4mza For This Useful Post:

benjibob (2010-04-19)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Cydia doesn't cause problems in itself.. it's just an app on your phone that allows you to download jailbreak programs. You should never background Cydia.. no point at all. Because of the extensive database of programs Cydia can take a few minutes for "reloading data"... that's normal. If Cydia is crashing that means you have run out of RAM. Try a respring before loading Cydia or uninstalling some apps that use mobile substrate... sounds like you just have too much stuff running or too many apps installed using mobile substrate eating up all your RAM. I can tell you're on an iPhone 3G.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by h4mza View Post
    Cydia takes time to load, i then get Error: Refreshing Data and also KEY EXPIRED Error.

I use a App called Backgrounder which lets you minimize any App, i have also enabled it for Cydia. I have to close the App via SBSettings Method. It always closes every App except Cydia, the only way to close Cydia is Respring.

This Cydia is slowing my iPhone down, sometime while looking for new updates, Cydia quits randomly causing my iPhone to freeze for 5-10 seconds.

Please somebody help.
    delete cydia and yourself from the jailbreak scene j/k what ^^^^ said fits everything

yo H4mza, i think you might have some source packages which are not loading or u might have recently added some new source that is causing cydia to display the error messages. cydia CANNOT be the cause of the problems u describe. do u recall adding some new source? or perhaps do you recall exactly what else was in the error message which displays, after which u tap on accept and cydia 'refreshes' with reloading cached or stored (old) repos? if u do, u might want to consider ssh'g ur device to delete the repos that are not refreshing or that u just added. Plenty of users have discovered Cydia to 'crash', however, but after removing these source lists, and refreshing Cydia, everything turns out okay.
    By the way, if you think using NoCyfresh is the solution, think again! this little monster has been mentioned elsewhere to actually replace a sizeble portion of Cydia itself. I'm not certain if this is true. But for me, i had similar problems u mentioned. i deleted some sources and am now zipping thru everything!

Thanks

yea that long paraghraph , what he said ^^