Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cydia - KEYEXPIRED problem

Angry Cydia - KEYEXPIRED problem
    I have a 2.2.1 firmwared ipod touch 2g and re-jailbreaked it couple of days ago. I had to upgrade all the stuff it wanted me to upgrade in Cydia, but i am having major pain in the @ss problems with it.

I was having a problem with my repos, saying that there is a directory missing from the system :

/private/etc/apt/trusted.gpg.d

Its probably due to the apt-7 package.....
    I made that directory by hand and now it shows me this error:

Any ideas how to fix this ?

I cant find apt-6 anywhere on the web....maybe that will fix my problem...i dont know.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    yeah, I got the same exact thing just recently. havent tried to fix it yet

Thanks

looks like some nasty sources

iPhone? More like MyPhone youngunn's Avatar
    Thanks

It's not nasty sources, they are ones installable from rock or cydia.

I have had a series of errors come up on Cydia over the last couple of weeks, including "http://repo.smxy.org xena release: The following signatures were invalid: keyexpired**********" error. Also "failed to fetch http://apt.pwncenter.com/./packages.gz http/1.1 404 not found"
    Now my packages won't show up in Cydia or Rock. I've tried to restore and re-jailbreak, reinstall Cydia, restore packages from backup in Rock and still I get all these errors. What is going on?? I sent an email to Saurik, but got no reply.

I have been having the same problem with repo.smxy.org keyexpired. Looked over at the website, and there hasn't been an update in over a year, so no tellin'.

using ssh or ifile go to /var/lib/apt and delete all the smxy.org and go to /var.lib/apt/partial delete all smxy.org this worked for me and hope this helps

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tarugo View Post
    using ssh or ifile go to /var/lib/apt and delete all the smxy.org and go to /var.lib/apt/partial delete all smxy.org this worked for me and hope this helps
    Is it only me, or does this still occur to others? I've tried this suggestion, and [if] it stops, it's only temporary.

It appears to be a site problem with one of the primary sources, but these usually go away rather quickly.

Ideas?
    Last edited by Mes; 2010-04-09 at 06:35 AM.

Oddly enough, it stopped completely for me, and I didn't end up removing those files ...

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

FIXED!!

As it turns out, the problem with Ste (repo repo.smxy.org), a part of Cydia Community Sources
    is NOT a problem with that repo or any of the primary repos. .

My fix? I delete a recently added (and non-functioning) 'user entered' repo and ALL errors disappeared.
    Last edited by Mes; 2010-04-10 at 01:35 AM.

I am guessing it was the ********** repo? That's the one I removed last, and haven't seen the problem since.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

^
    I actually had 2 failing repos. One Vietnam language repo (handheld.vn) and my own
    Haven't changed anything (or don't remember changing anything) on mine, but it's causing issues.
    Once both were deleted all other sources loaded without errors.

BTW:
    I have the carrier logo files for all the mobile carriers in Vietnam and Thailand if anyone is interested

Note2: If anyone is interested, Saurik has great tutorials for creating .debs and your own repo.
    Thumbs up to Saurik -- he's a true gem . http://www.saurik.com/id/7
    Last edited by Mes; 2010-04-10 at 02:22 AM.

Interesting concept that one repo loading incorrectly, would cause errors in other repos ...

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

^
    I agree totally --- but it's true
    My research suggests this is common with repos that offer cracked and/or illegal apps.
    I suspect the 'experts' on MMI knew this already but assumed we were the 'bad-guys' and
    would not help.

Heh yea, probably true. I'm not even sure how I still had the ********** repo on there. That's the only user entered repo I had, and I haven't used isntall0us in ages. >.<

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I had the Vietnamese and a crazy named Thai repo installed months (or years) ago to get the mobile carrier logs for these countries. They were brought back to life with PckBackup after I finally upgraded my 3G to 3.1.2 Since it is a one-time event, I usually install my carrier packages manually because the .deb post-installation scrips are sloppy and make duplicates instead of links.

Update: Cydia Community Sources was updated today (to version 0-10). It's hard to tell if the update is due to a change in the Ste repo or some other reason --- but everything is still working
    Last edited by Mes; 2010-04-11 at 03:40 AM. Reason: Update

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I fixed my KEYEXPIRED errors.
    To permanently fix these repo errors, make sure you also edit
    /private/var/lib/cydia/metadata.plist
    which you need a .plist editor for, instead of using iFile.

My step-by-step solution:
    http://modmyi.com/forums/cydia-suppo...ml#post5198272