Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: cydia crashing to springboard

Default cydia crashing to springboard
    all of a suddent cydia started crashing straight back to springboard. tried to delete all the files from var/lib/apt lists but no joy.
    did a full restore and re jailbreak. cydia worked fine. then after re-installing all apps its crashing again.

anyone know how to fix? would be much appreciated. i dont have apt-get installed so cant run the remove cydia command

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

"After installing all apps it crashed again". Please explain in great detail when the crash occurs. Cydia apps can only be installed one by one so you can find out which one is causing the issue by testing after each app install.

thanks for the reply.

i reinstalled all my sources and apps from cydia, and it was all working fine after installing all cydia apps. its crashing again after i synced and reinstalled my app store apps.

Thanks

Sounds like a permissions problem. Try downloading a free app from the app store on the phone itself. After it's done reboot and see if that fixes it.

just done another restore and will see if i can tie it down to one paricular app
    thanks agiain

Thanks

This time put all your app store apps on first.. then start with Cydia stuff.

seems its a prob with restoring from backup. im trying to go back to an older one and see if that works. if not i will have to setup as new. i guess that means another resotre first right?

Thanks

Yes. Restoring from back-up on a jailbroken device is just not a good idea most of the time. Many reports of issues including excess battery drain, plist file problems, permissions... etc.

Hay I got the same problem today ,it crashes just on start up.I REALLY do not want to restore.I had this kind of problem before and i restored.I wanna know whats causing this and fix it.

also i dunno if i can restore since i am on fw 3.1.2 basband 5.11.07.I know i need to upgrade to 3.1.3,but will i be able to jailbreak it then? .is there anyway to install blackra1n threw iphone it self?
    Last edited by pakijawan; 2010-03-23 at 05:26 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

same problem here, it started last night, i have 3.1.2 with baseband 05.11.07. im tryin not to restore cause itunes has decided that it doesnt like my computer now.
    "I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me."
    "Follow your inner moonlight, don't hide the madness."
    "In the depths of the mind. No one can hear u scream."

hmm so this something happening to a lot of people,common problem

shoot man i upgraded to 3.1.3 ,i can still jailbreak right if i have old boot rom? or downgrade
    Last edited by pakijawan; 2010-03-23 at 04:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Same issue here. Cydia is crashing. I've tried every method listed on the internet, except for restoring and re-breaking. Looks like I have to start from scratch