Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: cydia crashed

Default cydia crashed
    I have a iphone 3.0 unlocked (t-mobile) and jailbroken using blackra1n months ago. Not sure when I accidently upgraded to 3.1.2. Unaware of this I went into cydia and downloaded apps. I tried installing openssh put dont see app, so not sure if it worked. after I downloaded winterboard the phone rebooted itself and turned back on. But now I cant go into cydia everytime it acts like it is loading and returns to the springboard. I dont know how to fix this, please help.

did you find a fix for this?? mine was crashing straight back to sprignboard and tried deleting the files in var/lib/apt/lists but no good. did a full restore and everything worked fine again. now after reinstalling all my apps im back to crashing!!! havent installed anything new since it was working. anyone know of a fix??

Default Simply do this:
    Hi,

To fix this, simply navigate to /var/lib/apt/lists and delete all the files in this folder except for the folder called “partial”.

Then reboot your iPhone and launch Cydia. It should load without crashing.

I hope it will help you.

Thanks
    No signature spam... only warning

Quote Originally Posted by nitikasnv View Post
    Hi,

To fix this, simply navigate to /var/lib/apt/lists and delete all the files in this folder except for the folder called “partial”.

Then reboot your iPhone and launch Cydia. It should load without crashing.

I hope it will help you.

Thanks
    Negative. This didnt work for me. Now it seems from the post above that re-breaking doesnt fix the issue either....